• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    So my wife and i are going through the process for our carry permits. The Interview went a littler weird but none the less its done. MSP decided to do use together. A week and a half went by and the MSP called me and said they did not get a list of my wife's meds yet. I found that strange cause i watched her send the email. So i called her to confirm and like i thought she did in fact send the email 20 minutes after the interview. Call MSP back and yes it was in his spam folder. So that held us up. But they said ok everything is good to go....two hours later they call back and say I am good to go But my wife needs a letter from her doctor about just one of her prescriptions. I said ok! Now i talked to my wife and she began to get upset as to why that was necessary and with our business being as busy as it is work 18 hours a day where is she going to have time to go to the doctor and ask for a letter to support her state of mind...i am guessing is what they need. And how to even ask for that? What do you say? Is this something the doctor might be familiar with? At this point she is so stressed out from the process she wants to pull her App. But i am afraid that will look bad and or look bad for me too. So if there is anyone who went thought this...i am requesting some guidance.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'm sorry, but MSP has no right to a med list of any kind, not to mention I believe that is covered under HIPPA.

Tell MSP to pound sand and you'll see them at the HPRB meeting to overturn the denial.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So my wife and i are going through the process for our carry permits. The Interview went a littler weird but none the less its done. MSP decided to do use together. A week and a half went by and the MSP called me and said they did not get a list of my wife's meds yet. I found that strange cause i watched her send the email. So i called her to confirm and like i thought she did in fact send the email 20 minutes after the interview. Call MSP back and yes it was in his spam folder. So that held us up. But they said ok everything is good to go....two hours later they call back and say I am good to go But my wife needs a letter from her doctor about just one of her prescriptions. I said ok! Now i talked to my wife and she began to get upset as to why that was necessary and with our business being as busy as it is work 18 hours a day where is she going to have time to go to the doctor and ask for a letter to support her state of mind...i am guessing is what they need. And how to even ask for that? What do you say? Is this something the doctor might be familiar with? At this point she is so stressed out from the process she wants to pull her App. But i am afraid that will look bad and or look bad for me too. So if there is anyone who went thought this...i am requesting some guidance.

I've only written one such letter and it was for a former LEO who was on an antidepressant.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm sorry, but MSP has no right to a med list of any kind, not to mention I believe that is covered under HIPPA.

Tell MSP to pound sand and you'll see them at the HPRB meeting to overturn the denial.

Since MSP doesn't see this as a right, they can require you to waive HIPPA as a condition of getting your permit.....

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I don't recall that being a requirement when I was applying . There is nothing on the forms to suggest this , I am throwing a flag on this . Sorry .

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Since MSP doesn't see this as a right, they can require you to waive HIPPA as a condition of getting your permit.....
    Hmmmmmm..... I wonder how MSP would feel if somebody stripped them of their rights, that are affirmed under federal and state laws. Take away LEOSA, strip them of the ability to get a permit, get red flagged, etc...

This is where I feel that MSP needs to be knocked down a few pegs on the G&S crap. Let them live like a subject in MD for a week and see how fast they change their tune.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No, it is in the fine print of the Application that you waive privacy to your medical records . This was a major topic of discussion here during the Post Wollard Pre Injunction time frame

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    she is not on any kind of anti-depressant. nor has she ever been diagnosed of anything like that. she takes a low dose anti anxiety pill and only as needed

got a better under standing when i got home to read the email they sent to. they just need a wavier stating she is being "treated successfully". Kind of reads like its a standard practice when it come to medications.

Last edited:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    she is not on any kind of anti-depressant. nor has she ever been diagnosed of anything like that. she takes a low dose anti anxiety pill and only as needed

The anti-anxiety pill is likely the culprit here. It is likely included in a "family of" meds that the MSP has on a list for additional attention when it appears on the menu of meds taken by the applicant.

But, we should be careful about how much information is shared on this forum. Unless, of course, it is being shared with her full knowledge and permission.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Hmmmmmm..... I wonder how MSP would feel if somebody stripped them of their rights, that are affirmed under federal and state laws. Take away LEOSA, strip them of the ability to get a permit, get red flagged, etc...

This is where I feel that MSP needs to be knocked down a few pegs on the G&S crap. Let them live like a subject in MD for a week and see how fast they change their tune.

Yea, I would like to see this, but MGA needs them on the infringement side, so we'll continue to see carve-outs and extended "privileges".

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

She has been diagnosed with “something like that”. She takes a medication for anxiety. That’s most certainly the culprit.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I don’t think anyone here would disagree.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Just more BS that will have unintended consequences as people eschew medical help for mental issues so they don't have to let the government play doctor.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    The whole process is a farce and infringement. With needing medical information, references and then restrictions.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Divide and conquer. I was unaware of the waiving of rights to get another and this just adds to the reasons I have not applied. To those of you better than I, I bow.

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016

This also happened to me for my renewal but my doctor had to write a letter that I was no longer on a sleep medication which was Ambien. My doctor gave me the letter, no fuss, no muss, no drama, all good. I wouldn't worry about it, it's normal and probably the most important part of a CCW permit screening in my opinion.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Back in the Pre Injunction time window ( aka the Days of the 365 ) , several people commented that they declined to make a speculative Application for this reason .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Divide and conquer. I was unaware of the waiving of rights to get another and this just adds to the reasons I have not applied. To those of you better than I, I bow.

And this is what the MSP go for people on the fence that don't want to put up with their BS and cave in .

When i first asked 1 question about getting a permit in Maryland many many years ago at a gun shop i was discouraged so much i waited another 10 years before i even applied .
    It took a few crimes against my business to get me rolling again , you see i ask the gun shop guy if he could tell me how easy or hard it was to get a permit and his answer was " Are You God " a feeble answer at best and yet this answer came from a so called friendly 2A business .

Very disappointing to say the least , for folks that can apply please do so add to the numbers of law abiding citizens . Don't take no as an answer , somebodies denial could be the crack in the Armour of the state of Maryland which is still a giant shit-hole the liberals run & ruined .

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    This also happened to me for my renewal but my doctor had to write a letter that I was no longer on a sleep medication which was Ambien. My doctor gave me the letter, no fuss, no muss, no drama, all good. I wouldn't worry about it, it's normal and probably the most important part of a CCW permit screening in my opinion.

No. It's horse shit, is what it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom