• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    My wife will have retired by that time and we'll be off to Free America. The People's Republic will be in the rear view mirror.
    Not that Frosh potentially being elected Governor in MD in 2022 isn't a real concern, but if Kamala Harris beats Trump in 2020 and the Democrats wrest control of the Senate in 2020 or 2022 (while maintaining control of the House), there might not be a Free America to escape to. It takes the judiciary a long time to redress overreach.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis
    I cannot wait for this to be true for me. Max seven years when youngest graduates high school. Depending on what the gun grabbers start in four years when froshole is governor and same day registration always guarantees enough illegals to vote the every office everywhere blue, I'll be out earlier and the kid is on his own with his mother.

Not sure Froshole will run in 4 years; he’s like 71 or 72 now. That really puts him up there. I know there are some eager young bucks out there waiting.

I think this coming MGA will start to see who is really wanting the Governor’s job in 4 years.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    For those saying “no reason to panic in MD”, I couldn’t disagree more and for the reasons already stated.

I agree smart money is on Ammo and 80%.

I too am saddened to see the rate at which PA is going down the tubes. VA isn’t that far behind.

I miss my home state. I grew up fishing the Chesapeake and hunting the hills of Carroll, Bmore, and Harford Counties as well as the eastern shore. It tears me up that my home state looks to turn me into a felon over issues of personal security.

I got lucky buying land cheap 10 years ago in WV. As oil and gas has exploded here I’ve had offers to sell at a hefty profit but I’ve stayed, mostly because it’s close enough to be near family but far enough politically to retain our original civil rights to a greater degree. As liberal as our politicians may be (at the state level) in many ways, they still largely recognize our 2A rights. Constitutional Carry passed here just a few years ago and I feel we are about as insulated as any state can be when it comes to that issue.

For those of you staying to fight the good fight. I admire you in many ways. I couldn’t live under those draconian restrictions any longer. The fact that some of you can and will is endearing and meaningful. I wish you all well. Whatever your course.

I do think we will see a semi-auto ban and mag capacity regulation (at least) in the next ten years at the federal level. Not that I want it, and I hope SCOTUS does the right thing. I just see this getting far worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom