Hogan supports Neal Simon for US senate?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Lol HoganBots on here are spinning in their chairs.

The dude can't even support a losing republican candidate for Senate. Pathetic.

But muh tolls and fees!

I'm inclined to vote for Jealous just to send this loser packing.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

But muh tolls and fees!

A contingent of folks on the forum would say that by voting for anyone other than Gun Grabbing Larry, you've already doomed us to bread lines. :lol2:

I, for one, will vote for freedom every time.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    A contingent of folks on the forum would say that by voting for anyone other than Gun Grabbing Larry, you've already doomed us to bread lines. :lol2:

I, for one, will vote for freedom every time.

Exactly. If I vote for Quinn or leave the ballot blank, it's the same as voting for Jealous. Might as well just vote Jealous at this point.

Jealous has more of a spine that Lawn Chair Larry. Who got played on the Maryland football thing? Lawn Chair Larry as soon as Jealous called him out.

"But muh handgun permit review board appointees, muh tolls, muh fees, muh redistricting that Larry can't do anything about! Vote Larrrrryyyyyyyy"

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    OK, Let's all vote for Jealous. And campaign for him this weekend and send money, too. That'll teach Hogan! :sarcasm:

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    "But muh handgun permit review board appointees, muh tolls, muh fees, muh redistricting that Larry can't do anything about! Vote Larrrrryyyyyyyy"

Please explain. It was my understanding that the governor has a strong hand in redistricting.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

But muh tolls and fees!

Careful, you may get reprimanded by the forum PoPo for insulting people.

That only applies to those of us not voting for Hogan.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Gov proposes a Redistricting Plan . The MGA has 6 weeks to approve the Gov's plan. Or Not .

If Not , then on 6 weeks + 1day , the MGA can put forth their own Plan , and approve that .

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The Gov proposes a Redistricting Plan . The MGA has 6 weeks to approve the Gov's plan. Or Not .

If Not , then on 6 weeks + 1day , the MGA can put forth their own Plan , and approve that .

Not correct...

The Governor submits a redistricting plan at the beginning of the legislative session (FOR STATE LEGISLATIVE DISTRICTS) while the MGA has 45 days to create their own and then approve it in 45 days via joint resolution (Not able to be vetoed by the Governor). If the MGA cannot pass their plan in 45 days, then the Governor's plan automatically becomes law.

For Congrerssional (federal) districts are drawn by the MGA via regular statute, and that statute is indeed able to be vetoed by the Governor.

Cite - Maryland Constitution, Article 3, Section 5

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Not correct...

The Governor submits a redistricting plan at the beginning of the legislative session (FOR STATE LEGISLATIVE DISTRICTS) while the MGA has 45 days to create their own and then approve it in 45 days via joint resolution (Not able to be vetoed by the Governor). If the MGA cannot pass their plan in 45 days, then the Governor's plan automatically becomes law.

For Congrerssional (federal) districts are drawn by the MGA via regular statute, and that statute is indeed able to be vetoed by the Governor.

And (at the moment) they have the votes to override a veto.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    All the more reason to change over all the seats we can.

In theory I agree but since all but a few republican reps last session voted anti gun and anti constitution it makes voting for those reps against, especially when they say their super secret plan is to look like, act like and vote like leftists to attract some to the Republican Party.

I said it then and I say it now , that’s the dumbest shyte I have ever heard.

I don’t get it really, at least when owsmelly was in there most of the republicans put up a little bit of fight for our rights, now most just roll over without even a grunt of disapproval of our rights being taken.

Four more sessions like the last one and we will be worse than California or Massachusetts and some folks here will be saying at least it wasn’t the other guy as they stand in line to turn in their guns

Aug 7, 2010
    Not correct...

You are correct, Sir.

-----------
    MARYLAND CONSTITUTION
    ARTICLE III Legislative Department
    Section 5.
    Following each decennial census of the United States and after public hearings, the Governor shall prepare a plan setting forth the boundaries of the legislative districts for electing of the members of the Senate and the House of Delegates.
    The Governor shall present the plan to the President of the Senate and Speaker of the House of Delegates who shall introduce the Governor’s plan as a joint resolution to the General Assembly, not later than the first day of its regular session in the second year following every census, and the Governor may call a special session for the presentation of his plan prior to the regular session. The plan shall conform to Sections 2, 3 and 4 of this Article. Following each decennial census the General Assembly may by joint resolution adopt a plan setting forth the boundaries of the legislative districts for the election of members of the Senate and the House of Delegates, which plan shall conform to Sections 2, 3 and 4 of this Article. If a plan has been adopted by the General Assembly by the 45th day after the opening of the regular session of the General Assembly in the second year following every census, the plan adopted by the General Assembly shall become law. If no plan has been adopted by the General Assembly for these purposes by the 45th day after the opening of the regular session of the General Assembly in the second year following every census, the Governor’s plan presented to the General Assembly shall become law.
    Upon petition of any registered voter, the Court of Appeals shall have original jurisdiction to review the legislative districting of the State and may grant appropriate relief, if it finds that the districting of the State is not consistent with requirements of either the Constitution of the United States of America, or the Constitution of Maryland. (1949, ch. 226, ratified Nov. 7, 1950; 1956, ch. 99, ratified Nov. 6, 1956; 1969, ch. 785, ratified Nov. 3, 1970; 1972, ch. 363, ratified Nov. 7, 1972; 1977, ch. 681, ratified Nov. 7, 1978.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom