• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hell, I've got probably $1000+ in my Glocks, so I understand your pain.
    II
    The thing with this is, just saying "serialize your guns" does absolutely nothing for traceability. Like, who's gonna know what some random engraving on my gun means for who manufactured it? The only way it helps is if I have to register it with the MSP... and I suspect that's what Dumais is trying to figure out how to make work. In other words, the end game is registration.

Now, the good news is, you wouldn't have to be on the roster (probably) as is.

I’m fine putting a useless serial # on them. I would never, in my wildest dreams hide anything from MD.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Wouldn’t it be amazing if there were many serial numbers, accross multiple calibers and builds that were simply 1776?

Just spit-balling ideas

Or perhaps 2013

Last edited:

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    So the meatheads in Annapolis want to ban all guns made before 1968 without serial numbers from possession in MD.

Priceless

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I'm amazed at all the outrage over language in a bill that hasn't even been written yet.

Yes, it's Dumais, so she has something malicious up her sleeve for firearms owners, based on her performance last session with her sneaked-in version of the ERPO bill. But we're arguing over details that don't exist yet. Please save the energy for when the MGA is in session; there will be plenty to be angry about once actual bills start appearing.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Pre 68 firearms, manufactured by the firearm industry, isn't what they're targeting. They're targeting receivers produced by the great unwashed.

I believe we'll see legislation that will make the buying, selling, or transferring of aluminum paperweights illegal in Maryland.

Then they'll grandfather the receivers already produced in Maryland the same way they grandfathered bump stocks and RFTAs.

MrsRab1515

Nov 27, 2017
    All over the dang state
    Pre 68 firearms, manufactured by the firearm industry, isn't what they're targeting. They're targeting receivers produced by the great unwashed.

I believe we'll see legislation that will make the buying, selling, or transferring of aluminum paperweights illegal in Maryland.

Then they'll grandfather the receivers already produced in Maryland the same way they grandfathered bump stocks and RFTAs.

So, effectively not at all, right?

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    The way the MGA pushed through the bump-stock possession ban has me upset about this.

They may ask you to prove you possessed a pre-68 non-serialized firearm prior to some arbitrary date or face confiscation and criminal charges. (Like the bump-stock legislation, get an ATF approval that is not something the ATF does.)

I do not trust the folks in Annapolis to do anything remotely reasonable if this becomes law.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I'm amazed at all the outrage over language in a bill that hasn't even been written yet.

Yes, it's Dumais, so she has something malicious up her sleeve for firearms owners, based on her performance last session with her sneaked-in version of the ERPO bill. But we're arguing over details that don't exist yet. Please save the energy for when the MGA is in session; there will be plenty to be angry about once actual bills start appearing.

The time to get rolling on this is now. Once the session starts, they already have the bill written and backing for it lined up. They will have had months of media coverage pushing their propaganda to line up voter support.

We just dodged the "red flag" BS here in Texas. We didn't do it by waiting for the bill to be crafted. We turned out opposition to the proposed bill at the preliminary hearings and through pre-session pressure on the legicritters and Governor. The time to get going on a job is as soon as you see the job needs to be done.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Why would they put a special clause in? Those guns are as untraceable as any gun made recently without a serial number.

They will appease the hunters and collectors. Pre-68 will be 50 years old by the time this law goes into effect. Exempt C&R. Boom. Done.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The time to get rolling on this is now. Once the session starts, they already have the bill written and backing for it lined up. They will have had months of media coverage pushing their propaganda to line up voter support.

We just dodged the "red flag" BS here in Texas. We didn't do it by waiting for the bill to be crafted. We turned out opposition to the proposed bill at the preliminary hearings and through pre-session pressure on the legicritters and Governor. The time to get going on a job is as soon as you see the job needs to be done.

I think we sort of agree. You need something to swing at, draft language. As we've seen with previous bills, if the D supermajority wants something to pass, something will pass, under the same title. The greatest chance for success is getting bad bills neutered (and occasionally delayed to a subsequent MGA session like the standard capacity mag ban) during the hearing process by pointing out flaws and second and third-order effects from specific language. Right now there is no language to point out obvious idiocy in, just anecdotes that something will be introduced by someone with the power to make almost anything pass if unchallenged.

The only certainty we have is that a senior member of the supermajority party who has shown extraordinary malice towards lawful firearms owners in the past, and a willingness to bypass normal legislative process, say she intends to "do something" about 3D printing and "ghost guns".

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    That bolt face is hilarious.

I noticed some deburring of the FCG pocket.

Might we see jeweler's files and emery paper added to the list of banned eighty items.

Mr H

Banana'd

Anyone who wants to complain should be doing so to the GA membership. Our side can do pre-work, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom