• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I really need some help from persons who obtained relief from the HPRB on lifting restrictions. During at least some of the hearings, the MSP Trooper is telling the Board that the vagueness of the restrictions is not a problem because all the permit holder need to do in order justify being armed is to tell the LEO how his/her conduct falls within the scope of the restrictions. What I need is for these individuals to contact me directly at mpennak@marylandshallissue.com with the details of their application, a copy of the Board's decision and any audio recording of the proceeding.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    This is really important.
    This is also an opportunity for people who say they don’t have money to contribute in a critical way.

Keyboard warriors untie!

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I will kick in some cash for the cause . This is so important as not to lose the ground that has been fought for . Count me in with helping .

Donation done and complete .

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I am going to send email to help but it would also help if a voluteer from MSI went to the hearings and heard it first hand. Perhaps the guys who take the session would give them access to the recordings.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If one wants to go back that far Sgt. Knaub testified several times to that end and Trooper Lazuick also has testified in Crownsville, one time catching himself as he said it because he had just recited the soliloquy where they state that they do not have an articulation policy.:whack:

Just want to take a brief time out and say hello to our friends at the LD. :wave:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    If one wants to go back that far Sgt. Knaub testified several times to that end and Trooper Lazuick also has testified in Crownsville, one time catching himself as he said it because he had just recited the soliloquy where they state that they do not have an articulation policy.:whack:

Just want to take a brief time out and say hello to our friends at the LD. :wave:

I too would like to say hello .

I wish we could use tax payer money to fight them .

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Mark P,

I replied to Dannys email about this, I don't know if he got back with you yet....

However, if folks here are willing to each take one or two recordings, and take notes on where (time wise, and case numbers) what you are looking for occurs, I will edit down the recordings and get it to you however you need it. I just don't have the time to listen to 25+ 3 hour recordings right now (I have way to much going on). It would take me quite a while to get that done, but if there is help and all I have to do is cut and paste, it would be a fairly simple thing for me to do for you. I am happy to do what I can as far as providing edited copies of the files that I have, but if it's just me it might take me a month or so to get that done.

Mark G.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Mark P,

I replied to Dannys email about this, I don't know if he got back with you yet....

However, if folks here are willing to each take one or two recordings, and take notes on where (time wise, and case numbers) what you are looking for occurs, I will edit down the recordings and get it to you however you need it. I just don't have the time to listen to 25+ 3 hour recordings right now (I have way to much going on). It would take me quite a while to get that done, but if there is help and all I have to do is cut and paste, it would be a fairly simple thing for me to do for you. I am happy to do what I can as far as providing edited copies of the files that I have, but if it's just me it might take me a month or so to get that done.

Mark G.

You’re a true friend. Thanks for everything.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    There are services that provide automated transcription from video or audio recordings, right? I imagine if used to provide evidence, getting it done from an accredited service wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    There was a really (non)moving soliloquy by the MSP at the last HPRB (7/17). Mark was able to record it, but I can't vouch for the quality.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    There are services that provide automated transcription from video or audio recordings, right? I imagine if used to provide evidence, getting it done from an accredited service wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

With all due respect to Mark, the recordings aren't clear enough for the automated stuff. The fan noise in that room is awful. Manual transcription is a must.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    I really need some help from persons who obtained relief from the HPRB on lifting restrictions. During at least some of the hearings, the MSP Trooper is telling the Board that the vagueness of the restrictions is not a problem because all the permit holder need to do in order justify being armed is to tell the LEO how his/her conduct falls within the scope of the restrictions. What I need is for these individuals to contact me directly at mpennak@marylandshallissue.com with the details of their application, a copy of the Board's decision and any audio recording of the proceeding.

I’m really glad you are compiling these reference points. I was so frustrated knowing that some appellants had received removal of restrictions based on the restrictions being vague and/or them having to waive their 5th amendment rights to satisfy an officer inquiry while my appeal very shortly after using the same arguments were denied. The board is not consistent and neither are the arguments from MSP. I’m in que for another appeal as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

Why does a citizen of the US and resident of Maryland have to articulate a good and substantial reason for exercising their constitutional rights? If the government is going to deny me the ability to exercise my rights and let others exercise their rights then that government has a duty to tell me why the allow some persons to exercise their constitutional rights and deny others the exercise of their constitutional rights. It has always bothered me that the exercise of all rights, except the 2A, need nothing more the the existence of the citizen and the exercise of the 2A requires that I jump though undefined hoops where the qualifications to jump through the hoops are purposely vague, to easily enable the denial of a constitutional right.

Often times I wonder why, against my better judgement, I moved here to marry the love of my life?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Please keep this thread limited and on task. Contact esqappellate with any pertinent info you have.

Thank you all!

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mark P,

Mark G.

I have the time to listen to 3 or 4 recording over 2 or 3 days to get the information that is needed. If you can give me the a time frame on the recordings here I can write it down to send to Mark so he can in turn send it off. Just let me know ...
    MC Doug

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Mark P,

Mark G.

I would be willing to take on one of the recordings (to start with) to listen for this and pick out the times for you. I don't want to promise more than that right now for fear of my schedule not allowing me to come through, but I'll help as much as I can.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I would also encourage members here if they can't devote time then please send a couple dollars to MSI they are our local resource when it comes to 2A. From what i see Mr. Penak and crew are doing some of the upfront battles

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    On 10.18.2016 Mark Bowen spoke to the board @40:29 on the recording. I had transcribed it, but no idea what I did with it. I keep looking. It was good stuff.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom