What does "Good and Substantial" mean to you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    I'd like to know how this State would define "good and substantial" also! Today's current definition (or lack thereof) effectively denies law abiding citizens the right to avail to themselves an appropriate measure of self defensive capability. Given the state's presumed authority, and the government's primary responsibility to govern on behalf of and in the interest of all citizens? I view the resulting reality of what is (in effect) a ban for law abiding citizens who would otherwise choose to carry as nothing short of criminal negligence and/or criminal contempt on the part of our lawmakers.

Mission accomplished. :mad54:

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    G&S means protecting the information in my head...and the $10k/year of taxes I pay to this state. If they had any sense, I'd be required to carry.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    G&S means protecting the information in my head...and the $10k/year of taxes I pay to this state. If they had any sense, I'd be required to carry.

I hear you brother.

I met an old friend for a beer tonight, he showed me with some glee that he had one of the rare MD wear and carry permits. I asked him what his justification was and he related that it was based on business deposits and expenses. He doesn't run a cash business, so no physical deposits, but just being a business man was sufficient. They did give him a ridiculous restriction on the back. Either they trust you or they don't; the restrictions are arbitrary and capricious.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Good and Substantial??

My God given right to defend myself and family, this right is MINE it precedes the Constitution, and is IRREVOCABLE by any Prince,Potentate or Government!

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Good and Substantial??

My God given right to defend myself and family, this right is MINE it precedes the Constitution, and is IRREVOCABLE by any Prince,Potentate or Government!

yep. I agree..............(BTW, I think GS is meatloaf and potatoes):lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom