• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Is this really a surprise? Most Maryland registered voters know nothing about guns and are all for gun control. Of course he and douce bag frosh are all about gun control.

+1. The most troubling aspect of this editorial is that the Brown campaign (not Brown himself--I don't think he has too many original thoughts) thinks this message will be viewed positively and will win him votes. And the saddest thing is that in this state, they're probably right.

Feb 28, 2013
    "which have been used in dozens of mass shootings across our nation."

Really? How many shootings have been done with ARs?

Even if you look beyond AR's, and include anything else liberals don't like the looks of, if it's 5 or more I'll be surprised.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Have you seen brown's smear ad? The one with AR-15s lying around on playgrounds and next to bus stops?

"Hogan has DANGEROUS ideas, keep our children safe from his DANGEROUS IDEAS about assault weapons. Assault weapons don't belong in maryland, and neither do Hogan's DANGEROUS IDEAS"

I'm not kidding that's pretty much the ad verbatim

Guess they must be worried, let's vote Hogan!

This was brought to you by the Maryland State Thought Police, Precrime Division.

Stoic58

Jan 10, 2013
    Silver Spring
    To date, the only campaign ads I've seen from the Brown campaign have been negative towards Hogan. Nothing positive, like describing his management of the Maryland health insurance website.

Oh, wait a second...

Blake_7.62

Oct 17, 2010
    I agree with you and applaud you for your effort.

The problem is, he is reaching to his choir in this state, the idiots he is preaching to agree with him. It would be more effective to start rumors that Brown plans on cutting off EBT cards and other welfare.

:lol:

Hjaalmarch

Jan 7, 2014
    Sure I am newer than most of you - but I sought to direct some mdshooters vitriol towards that editorial, which may have spread beyond our echo chamber here.

The Sun article got more replies than it had when I posted on it (though correlation doesn't mean causation, it's a good sign nonetheless)

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I talked to brown at the Landover meeting when they first started selling this as sb281.

He really has no clue on this bill or the issues involved (based on his inability to answer even basic questions)

The parallels between his "letter" and the press releases out of Vinnie are disturbing.

I'm really starting to think that Brown isn't actually a stand alone candidate but a pure arm of Bloomberg without any control of his own.

Any campaign finance experts able to pull up which dark money sources are funding Brown?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I saw an interview he did leading up to SB281 (before he was dodging all reporters) and he didn't have a clue what the current law was that he was advocating needed to be strenghtened. They say he is a nice guy, so I hope he finishes last. Completely uninformed and inept. Just what this State doesn't need.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    "The bottom line is how can Marylanders trust Larry Hogan to wholeheartedly enforce and defend a law he does not support?"

Oh, I don't know, because he is governor?
    Governors don't enforce laws. Police do, then the States Attorneys and the Attorney General for the State. If there has been a lack of anti gun performance from Gansler, I am not aware of it. Pretty confident Frosh will do everything he can to coddle the criminals and crucify the gun owners so why the need to state that the Governor will do this? Because the voters he is pandering to are dumb enough to believe that a Governor enforces laws. They also believe that Obama will help them re-fi their home, and give them a free phone (whoops, that part is true) Dumbocracy in all it's glory.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I saw an interview he did leading up to SB281 (before he was dodging all reporters) and he didn't have a clue what the current law was that he was advocating needed to be strenghtened. They say he is a nice guy, so I hope he finishes last. Completely uninformed and inept. Just what this State doesn't need.

So remind me again how sb281 actually "strengthened" the existing law....

Feb 28, 2013
    So remind me again how sb281 actually "strengthened" the existing law....

Because back in the "unlightened" days, before we wised up and enacted the Firarms Stupidity Act of 2013, those evil children, kitten, and puppy killing death machines that thousands of boolits in a thousandth of a second were merely "regulated". Now, they're BANNED.

I feel SO much safer in places like Baltimore city now that the hood rats know that "military style assault weapons don't belong in MD".:rolleyes:

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I can't believe that douche was in the military. A colonel in the army no less. How is it even possible to not understand 2a with that background?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom