• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YFallston

Aug 24, 2013
    Hazard County
    Just seems like a such a fun firearm, would hate to know I can't own one just for being a MD native. I don't think they make a 10 round magazine but as long as I can get the rifle i can figure that out later.

My brother in law sold his FN fiveseven and gave me over 300 rounds. Just need something to shoot them out of.

Thanks!

BigBossMan

Mar 7, 2013
    Washington County
    Unless they do what IWI did with the Tavors and start manufacturing them with a muzzle break that is long enough to exceed the min length, they fall under the ban.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    2a sales just got some replacement shrouds in for them that would allow them to perm attach a brake and meet min length.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    An SBR is a pistol under MD law, so my understanding is you could buy it with the extended brake, get your stamp and then chop the barrel.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Even the 16" PS90 looked a little funky its going to look insane with a flashider long enough to be MD legal.

Unfortuantely its one of those guns you either SBR or go to another platform. Afterall an AR57 will now have the same OAL.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Just seems like a such a fun firearm, would hate to know I can't own one just for being a MD native. I don't think they make a 10 round magazine but as long as I can get the rifle i can figure that out later.

My brother in law sold his FN fiveseven and gave me over 300 rounds. Just need something to shoot them out of.

Thanks!

They do make a ten round mag.

It can still be purchased in MD with a modification to lengthen it.

Thinking out loud, there is also a product which lengthens the length of pull... Though I am not sure if it can be made permanent like the barrel attachment can be.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    We convert PS90s at Duffy's to Maryland OAL. Simple job of changing the flash hider and adding the barrel extension. Sell them all the time.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    PS90's FACTORY Barrel Shroud is blind pinned to give the necessary OAL to meet federal guidelines. The Barrel Shroud is also the Flash Hider and functions as the Barrel Nut.

If one removes the Shroud they are making an NFA device as the Receiver is the part attached to the Barrel. If someone adds another shroud it HAS to be permanently pinned to be legal on a Federal Level.

OAL by federal definition is determined WITHOUT a muzzle device installed and ONLY counts when the device is permanently attached.

Anyone adding Barrel Extensions on PS90's should be aware of this. If its NOT permament then they are in a bad place and so is the owner of any rifle done improperly.

Fordfan

Oct 24, 2010
    AA county
    I hate to bring up an old thread.....

Once the PS90 is "MD legal" are we then allowed to SBR it? Or no since it isn't on the MD Handgun roster?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Short answer: Form 1 should be fine if the OAL > 29".
    But it's impossible to make an SBR out of a PS90 that's > 29". The 16" barrel version is < 29" already. You can't just file a form 1 to make something an SBR according to MD law, it really does have to be < 16" barrel or < 26" length. A form 1 on a 20" barrel PS90 is meaningless, and is NOT an SBR. And, of course, you'd not need to go the SBR route to buy such a monstrosity anyways.

TL;DR? PS90 SBRs are no more legal in MD than factory PS90s according to current MSP interpretation. Get a permanent barrel extension if you just can't live without a PS90.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    That's exactly what I'll be doing, as soon as I can pick up my new lower from Engage. My wife loves her Five-Seven, so I have to keep the ammo on-hand anyway. :)

I completely understand that. I'm just hoping the ammo will continue to come down.

My understanding is the AR 57 carbine uppers are Hbar as well. So many choices :)

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    But it's impossible to make an SBR out of a PS90 that's > 29". The 16" barrel version is < 29" already. You can't just file a form 1 to make something an SBR according to MD law, it really does have to be < 16" barrel or < 26" length. A form 1 on a 20" barrel PS90 is meaningless, and is NOT an SBR. And, of course, you'd not need to go the SBR route to buy such a monstrosity anyways.

TL;DR? PS90 SBRs are no more legal in MD than factory PS90s according to current MSP interpretation. Get a permanent barrel extension if you just can't live without a PS90.

What if someone could manufacture an extended but pad to satisfy the OAL issue. Then cut down the barrel to just below 16"? Can rubber be 3-D printed?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    What if someone could manufacture an extended but pad to satisfy the OAL issue. Then cut down the barrel to just below 16"? Can rubber be 3-D printed?
    OK, you could do that. It'd be kinda dumb, but you could do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom