• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Guy's lucky he didn't get 1302'd.

Not saying I support redefining the district to keep the neighbors happy; but this is Monkey County MD. Whining 2A opponents will always get their way.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Guy's lucky he didn't get 1302'd...

That was my first thought when I saw the article too. BGOS, and I admit it.

I also expect to see this in an article one day:
    The Montgomery County Council has expanded the area where firing guns is prohibited, with a few exceptions.

The newly defined urban area includes Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Delaware, as well as all of Maryland eastward to the Atlantic Ocean and westward to the western border...

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    This is why suppressors need to be removed from NFA. No transfer tax, NICS check only.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    This is why suppressors need to be removed from NFA. No transfer tax, NICS check only.

Do you honestly believe suppressors will be allowed in MD after October 1st 2019?

I’m wondering if it’s even worth donating to the various pro 2A organizations any longer if plans are to stay in this state.

No grandfather clause.
    No compensation.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It was determined the guy wasn't breaking any laws....so they made sure to change the law to ensure he would be breaking it.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    During those investigations, it was determined that the resident … resides outside the urban area, possessed several licenses issued by the State of Maryland that allow him, with certain restrictions to shoot firearms on his property.

What license does one need from the state to shoot firearms on one's property?

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    as far north as Brink Road in Laytonsville
    There are several LARGE farms between Olney and Brink Rd, with plenty of space for shooting. How exactly is that "urban"? Sucks for the guy that was shooting. Hopefully he has the moxy and capital to sue.

What license does one need from the state to shoot firearms on one's property?
    I wondered this too.
    It was determined the guy wasn't breaking any laws....so they made sure to change the law to ensure he would be breaking it.
    Ayn Rand weeps

“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Since when is it legal to discharge a firearm in one's own basement, as the article states?

Also, I feel slighted, as I cannot see the comments :(

-John

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Since when is it legal to discharge a firearm in one's own basement, as the article states?

Also, I feel slighted, as I cannot see the comments :(

-John

I am thinking this might be regulated county by county.

HoCo I recall mentioned "certified personal range " somewhere it its code (I THINK) but I always wondered who certified. State or county. I tell you what, someone who has done this should make a "how to personal range in MD" thread.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Or sell the property to a developer that puts up very dense apartment buildings, including subsidized housing.

I wonder how much late night gunfire the neighbors would have to put up with after that.

I'm kind of familiar with Kruhm Rd. there's a small farm there and I'll bet that's were it was , My recommend he start Hog Farming ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom