• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Couldn't he swap out the uppers or just the barrels in New Hampshire and then bring them in as Hbars if he bought after 10/1/13?

He could, just more expensive to do that. Just seems silly that he's got to comply with the 10/1/13 rule when he was living out of state. You would think registering them with MSP would be enough but that's the lovely State of Maryland for you. :shrug:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I must not have the enrolled copy. My copy says "has a purchase order for" in addition to possessed.

Enrolled version also has the "purchase order" language.

So he would have to have a copy of the purchase order along with a receipt to verify that the rifle purchased after 10/1/13 was the same rifle ordered pre 10/1/13.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I know you will have a rebuttal, but if the receipt is dated before 10/1/2013 (which I'm presuming is what swinokur meant), than it would not be possible for the rifle to be produced after 10/1/2013.

The point is, it is up to the state to prove you obtained the rifle post-FSA 2013.

But, if the rifle was produced after 10/1/13, then YOU would have to prove purchase before.

But how many out of state people would have a purchase order before to make it legal to own after? As that is not an issue anywhere else.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    The point is, it is up to the state to prove you obtained the rifle post-FSA 2013.

But, if the rifle was produced after 10/1/13, then YOU would have to prove purchase before.

But how many out of state people would have a purchase order before to make it legal to own after? As that is not an issue anywhere else.
    I knew you wouldn't disappoint. :D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I can see the point of proving the case for a *criminal conviction* . But for a Registration by an incoming new resident, and can visualize the MSP taking the position all ( Evil Rifles) are presumptively banned, and a new resident having to prove they fall under the Grandfather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom