• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Well, I mailed out my renewal application on 7/20. MSP received it on 7/24 and I received the new permit today 10/13. Not too bad. I did have a bit of an issue with my initial permit expiring before I received the renewal. Initial was set to expire on 9/30 and I had still not received the new permit so I sent an email. The reply I got was "Your renewed permit should be out to you within a week. Until then you may carry on the expired permit do to you submitting your renewal at least 2 weeks prior to expiration". I was a bit skeptical about this, carrying with an expired permit, so I printed out the email and carried it with me. I noticed that the new permit actually says on the bottom. "If expired contact MSP before arrest".

Not receiving the renewal before my intial expired was my fault as I did not get my application out 90 days prior to expiration. I just didn't have everything together to mail yet. Overall I think it was still a pretty quick turn around, for MD that is. Little over 2-1/2 months. I also noticed that it is not called a Wear & Carry Permit. It is still called a Permit to Carry a Handgun. This one is good for 3 years as opposed to the initial permit only being good for 2.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Well, I mailed out my renewal application on 7/20. MSP received it on 7/24 and I received the new permit today 10/13. Not too bad. I did have a bit of an issue with my initial permit expiring before I received the renewal. Initial was set to expire on 9/30 and I had still not received the new permit so I sent an email. The reply I got was "Your renewed permit should be out to you within a week. Until then you may carry on the expired permit do to you submitting your renewal at least 2 weeks prior to expiration". I was a bit skeptical about this, carrying with an expired permit, so I printed out the email and carried it with me. I noticed that the new permit actually says on the bottom. "If expired contact MSP before arrest".

Not receiving the renewal before my intial expired was my fault as I did not get my application out 90 days prior to expiration. I just didn't have everything together to mail yet. Overall I think it was still a pretty quick turn around, for MD that is. Little over 2-1/2 months. I also noticed that it is not called a Wear & Carry Permit. It is still called a Permit to Carry a Handgun. This one is good for 3 years as opposed to the initial permit only being good for 2.

Congrats on the successful renewal. Since yours is not a business owner situation how much G&S stuff did you have to submit with your renewal?

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Police reports, charging documents, copies of peace orders, photos, emergencey room reports, letters from witnesses(notarized), very detailed letter from myself explaining why I am applying(also notarized). I put together as much information as I could. When I went for the interview for my initial application the Trooper told me that you can never give too much info or details.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Police reports, charging documents, copies of peace orders, photos, emergencey room reports, letters from witnesses(notarized), very detailed letter from myself explaining why I am applying(also notarized). I put together as much information as I could. When I went for the interview for my initial application the Trooper told me that you can never give too much info or details.

I guess the reason for your G&S is still around which sucks. It is shameful what someone has to go through to meet G&S requirements in this state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom