• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Cooter's is in Forest Hill. Transfers are reasonable. ($30 long guns; $40 pistols).

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Ricks in Conowingo, closed Sunday and Mondays. Worth the drive IMO, regular folks, 100% reliable service. I've done a dozen or more transfers there.

Gunner220

Jul 24, 2012
    Ricks in Conowingo, closed Sunday and Mondays. Worth the drive IMO, regular folks, 100% reliable service. I've done a dozen or more transfers there.

Ditto on Ricks. A good friend of mine works there on Tuesday and Thursday. They move a good bit of product and know all the laws { so far }. Fair and honest. Seem to always have some C&R rifles in stock.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    J&K Associates on 40 just in Havre de Grace. $30 for long guns and $40 for pistols. Great shop, Jacob is the guy to ask for.
    Then Ricks Gun. Also reasonable. And Cooters too. The other gun shops shops mentioned are way high on their transfer fees and won’t deal them anymore.

sasd18

Oct 29, 2017

I’ve never had a good experience there. JLowes is much better. Top gun is also good too in fallston

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    No to detail but he spoke out in favor of the HQL training requirement.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/m...n/ph-ag-letter-croom-0213-20150212-story.html

New management now, he's a good guy.

Curtis was one of the old school Kitchen Table FFLs. He always had the best transfer prices.
    I was upset with him too when this article came out but he was also always a bit of a Fudd.

Curtis sold out to Martin who is open in a new location and I have had one flawless transfer through him. Martin also has a SilencerShop Kiosk in his store and I have thought about trying him out for class III

I would recommend him.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I’ve never had a good experience there. JLowes is much better. Top gun is also good too in fallston
    Somewhat surprised to hear. I've done probably upwards of 15 transfers there and a handful of new and used purchases. Always smooth and friendly, know me by name and treat me right.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I would say J&K, Top Gun, Rick's, Cooter's, and Horst/McCann in that order. I was never a fan of some of Horst/McCann's employees in the past, which made me never want to return. Honestly, I would go with whichever is closer to you out of the bunch, but that's just me.

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    I would say J&K, Top Gun, Rick's, Cooter's, and Horst/McCann in that order. I was never a fan of some of Horst/McCann's employees in the past, which made me never want to return. Honestly, I would go with whichever is closer to you out of the bunch, but that's just me.

Horst/McCann is under new management and has a new name. They are a great bunch of guys in there. They have done a lot of modernizing and expanding in their shop. My dad and I shoot there all the time and actually bought a suppressor from them when Silencerco was having their crazy sales over the summer. My dad has transferred all his Glocks through them too and they've been great.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Mike Horst of Bel Air Gun Range has done several transfers & MANY consignments sales for me.
    They are open 7 days a week & seem very reasonable to me.
    Mike has always been 100% reliable & a man of his word.
    "http://belairgunrange.com/the-range/

I agree 100%. Bel Air Gun Range ( formerly Horst and McCann) is fantastic. They have updated their range and their employees are all 50yr. old+ Ex-Military/LEO types and are very friendly.
    I've bought numerous new weapons and have also placed some on consignment. Mike is honest and a man of his word.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom