Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Atlantic Firearms.com

Notices

Old January 13th, 2019, 09:26 PM   #11
erwos
Jew with a Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARinPG View Post
I am doing this from my phone but the hi sp5k is legal the zenith 5p is legal so why not this. Also the review board hasnít meet yet for the year from what I can tell. Again on the phone researching this. The last meeting notes I didnít see the ptr 9kt listed. So you can see why I am questioning
The MSP screwed up their classification of those, too, and I would not touch them with a ten foot pole.

Old January 13th, 2019, 09:43 PM   #12
ARinPG

Well I am getting one of the legal ones
ARinPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 11:54 AM   #13
Hawkeye
The Leatherstocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwos View Post
The MSP screwed up their classification of those, too, and I would not touch them with a ten foot pole.
Actually, based on their current "completely interchangeable parts" thingy, those are legal as pistols. I am going to get this wrong, but I am fairly sure that the SP89 / MP5K used a different bolt and bolt carrier than the "full size" 94 / MP5 guns did. Thus, though the SP89 is banned, the full size MP5 based pistols aren't, because they're mechanically different.
Hawkeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 12:36 PM   #14
erwos
Jew with a Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Actually, based on their current "completely interchangeable parts" thingy, those are legal as pistols. I am going to get this wrong, but I am fairly sure that the SP89 / MP5K used a different bolt and bolt carrier than the "full size" 94 / MP5 guns did. Thus, though the SP89 is banned, the full size MP5 based pistols aren't, because they're mechanically different.
The PTR KT is based off the MP5K platform. Look at the back of the gun. The two pistols just referenced are also MP5K-platform guns. I am at a loss as to why the MSP would declare them legal.

Old January 14th, 2019, 12:51 PM   #15
NateIU10

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwos View Post
The PTR KT is based off the MP5K platform. Look at the back of the gun. The two pistols just referenced are also MP5K-platform guns. I am at a loss as to why the MSP would declare them legal.
To be fair, the Handgun Roster cannot lawfully not put something on the roster just because it is an "assault pistol." There are several dealers that operate under the false assumption that "if it's on the roster I can legally sell it."

My posts are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. These posts do not constitute, nor do they create, an attorney-client relationship. The information provided in this post is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a licensed attorney.

The opinions expressed are those of the individual author and not the opinions of any firm or organization.
NateIU10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Atlantic Firearms.com

Tags
pr 9kt, ptr 9r