• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Let’s say I’m a Maryland resident and have w/c permits for Maryland Utah and Pennsylvania, am I covered in Delaware? I’ve read conflicting information on the inter-webs and honestly trust some of you more than I do google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    From what i read....i am not a lawyer

Delawsre accepts

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia

Idaho – Delaware only honors the Idaho Enhanced Permit

South Dakota – Delaware only honors the South Dakota Enhanced Permit

North Dakota – Delaware only honors the North Dakota Class 1 Permit

Nobody

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Per
    https://www.handgunlaw.us/states/delaware.pdf
    Your Utah is good there.

But... call to confirm.
    BC78B754-2544-4AAF-B9E9-9838F0725421.jpg

B3155348-2AD6-4F5D-A17D-1770D7C86485.jpg

E943035A-A10E-47F3-99F9-B916DE9007F6.jpg

1F3D629F-69B6-4686-9938-7F14BE852A17.jpg

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I carry in Delaware every time I travel their on my Utah permit. I even have had people from NJ visiting in DE in the Rehoboth Beach/Dewey area call the police on me for open carry and they cops ended up thanking me for doing my civic duty by caring a firearm. The people from NJ were shocked to learn a person with a concealed carry permit can also open carry in DE as well. The cops gave the people from NJ a quick lesson on the gun laws in De and they got their knickers in a twist that an average person could carry so ya you can carry on a Utah permit. Of course I am no lawyer and do not give legal advice but I am telling others about my own personal experience while in DE

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    https://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/criminal/concealed-carry-deadly-weapons-ccdw/

"For the period from January 15, 2019 to January 14, 2020, Delaware recognizes the concealed deadly weapon licenses or permits issued by following states:

ALASKA
    ARIZONA
    ARKANSAS
    COLORADO
    FLORIDA
    IDAHO (Enhanced Permits Only)
    KANSAS
    KENTUCKY
    MAINE
    MICHIGAN
    MISSOURI
    NEW MEXICO
    NORTH CAROLINA
    NORTH DAKOTA (Class 1 permits only)
    OHIO
    OKLAHOMA
    SOUTH DAKOTA (Enhanced Permits Only)
    TENNESSEE
    TEXAS
    UTAH
    WEST VIRGINIA
    This list is made available to all State and local law-enforcement agencies within the State of Delaware and any license or permit recognized below is valid for one year and will not be removed without one (1) year’s notice of impending removal and no sooner than January 15 of the calendar year following the expiration of this one-year period. Notice of impending removal will be provided to the state in question and will be posted to this site. There are currently no notices of pending removal that would take effect January 15, 2020."

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    handgunlaw.us is the best place I have ever found for info. I would still contact
    DE and even keep a copy of their law with you to cover your butt.

Many cops might not know the current ccw laws.

Erick

Next you should walk up to each and every LEO you encounter and ask them just to be sure....

radnor

Jan 31, 2010
    Delaware
    Many cops might not know the current ccw laws.

Erick
    Most don't.

Delaware recognizes licenses or permits to carry concealed deadly weapons issued by other states to the citizens of other states where those states honor Delaware licenses to carry concealed deadly weapons, afford a reasonably similar degree of protection as is provided by licensure in Delaware, and do not evidence a pattern of issuing licenses or permits to convicted felons. Some states issue multiple levels of permits or licenses; only those meeting the above requirements will be recognized in Delaware and a notation of the recognized permits appears with the state below.

Persons possessing a recognized license or permit to carry a concealed deadly weapon issued by one of the states listed may lawfully possess a concealed deadly weapon while in Delaware. Such persons are subject to and responsible for knowing and obeying all Delaware laws and regulations applicable to carrying or possessing of deadly weapons.

SpartanF

Jan 3, 2018
    Carroll County Maryland
    Have to be a resident of one of the reciprocity states. However, you can legally open carry (not that I recommend that) in Delaware without a permit.

So in your situation with the states listed you could not conceal your firearm while carrying it.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Have to be a resident of one of the reciprocity states. However, you can legally open carry (not that I recommend that) in Delaware without a permit.

So in your situation with the states listed you could not conceal your firearm while carrying it.

Delaware is a pretty good state as far as open carry encounters. Not sure If your " not that i recommend that" comment is meant as, don't do that or as i am saying i am not recommending it, do so at your own discretion. I was in an accident in Delaware in 2018. He knew i was from MD, I informed him ( not law, just courtesy) i have a Florida permit, he said ok what happened in your accident.

You need to re-read this "Delaware recognizes licenses or permits to carry concealed deadly weapons issued by other states to the citizens of other states."

Nobody

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

Unless something has changed this isn't the case
    There are only a few states that will not honor "3rd party" permits, PA, CO, and SC come to mind.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    One of the best and most informative sites is handgunlaw.us, but I recently found this site which lets you plug in the permits you have and tells you where you are legal.

https://www.concealedcarry.com/dynamic-ccw-permit-reciprocity-map-builder/

As always, double check ALL information before going anywhere, but Utah will cover you for Delaware. Plugging the information from the OP gives this result:

Attachments

• samplemap.jpeg
      samplemap.jpeg
      23.5 KB · Views: 206

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

This is incorrect information.

A MD resident with a UT NR permit can carry in DE. The MD resident having a MD permit or not makes no difference.

radnor

Jan 31, 2010
    Delaware

Please cite the law. Someone a few years ago posted it on the AGs web site UNOFFICIALLY. But was taken down within a week.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore

Nope. Utah NR is honored in DE.
    At least the last time I checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom