• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunner220

Jul 24, 2012
    My wife and I are planning a move to the shore from Southern Maryland. In Southern Maryland I have access to a 600 acre farm that I am able to use when I want. I don't expect to find this again but even the ranges within proximity seem to cater to shotgun shooters which I do little of. Is there a range that accommodates CF rifle and pistol shooters any where near Stevensville? If not I can always drive back here to shoot but would like something more readily accessible.

Thanks for any replies.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Schrader’s Outdoors in Henderson has a pistol and rifle range. It’s outdoors and you bring your own target stands. Nothing fancy, it’s $10/person per hour and it’s a first come first serve basis. When they have events on the weekend the pistol range is closed because it’s behind the 5-stand course but you can shoot pistols on the rifle range in that situation.

http://schradersoutdoors.com/

ziptiespec

The Marshyhope Rod and Gun Club is in Federalsburg and offers an outdoor range with 25, 50, 75, 100, 200, and 300 yard shooting positions. Membership is limited though, but it's only $50 a year. The April 1 meeting is when any open membership slots will be filled from the current waiting list. Any additional openings will then be filled from the group of prospective members that attend the meeting. PM me if you have any questions.

RobbieDigital

Dec 29, 2016
    I second the vote for DELMARVA. I drive 2 hours, past my local ranges, to get there. 50-500 yard ranges. Two pistols Ranges. Bring anything you want to shoot (old refrigerator, cans silly string, dollar store trinkets etc).

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I used to run from Kent Island (Cloverfields) to Sudlersville (J and P Sporting Clays, now closed), Massey (Alexander's, when it had Clays, rifle and pistol only now), and Henderson (Schrader's for clays, is there a pattern here?) two or three times a month. Definitely not " backyard" but very doable. Massey is the farthest at about 60 to 90 minutes.

For Clays you also have Pintail Point in Wye Mills/Queenstown area.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

gun_nut

Dec 9, 2018
    I waited 2 years to get into DSA, but I am so glad that I did. I love that range and it helps that it's only about 7 minutes from the house.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    You aren't going to get long distance but Anne Arundel Fish & Game has 100yd rifle, bullseye, action pistol, plinking range and trap shooting and a few other options.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    The Marshyhope Rod and Gun Club is in Federalsburg and offers an outdoor range with 25, 50, 75, 100, 200, and 300 yard shooting positions. Membership is limited though, but it's only $50 a year. The April 1 meeting is when any open membership slots will be filled from the current waiting list. Any additional openings will then be filled from the group of prospective members that attend the meeting. PM me if you have any questions.

That’s where all that shooting was coming from when we had property down there!!!!! We used to have the 35 acres just down from the bridge. Had the little cabin on the creek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom