• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You realize you just made a strong argument in Favor of single stacks ?

Yes, I am being serious .Fast and Precise first shot hits are of high priority, and quickly obtaining a good and natural grip is a significant factor for that.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Grip shape on a firearm is very subjective due to the different hand sizes. I like the Para and Beretta double stack shapes because I get a good index as they are. With the single stack 1911's there is a definte configuration I need to index well when using thumb over safety. Thumb over safety is not the way old handguns were desgned.

alucard hit the design of the slide of modern poly guns. Similar lock up is being work on in the 1911 platform so the the slide could be rounded and lightened. The weight slows slide velocity for recoil management. And less machining does reduce cost.

The polyguns I just can't get a grip on, pun intended. Tried several, bumps and hard swells where they don't feel right no matter which insert is installed. They do sit low in the hand which is a big plus. Lack of weight in the frame makes the top of the pistol feel unanchored, as if it is thrashing around. Glock, had one, never fired it, couldn't get past the grip angle and small trigger opening. But the designs work. I shot the MP9 Pro well and smoked plates first time I used it in a match. Too bad it was junk design in the accuracy department because I liked the pistol overall. Modern design marches on. There are a couple hammer fired poly's out there which look interesting...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You realize you just made a strong argument in Favor of single stacks ?

Yes, I am being serious .Fast and Precise first shot hits are of high priority, and quickly obtaining a good and natural grip is a significant factor for that.

Yes. :)

And yes, I think that single stacks make for better first round hits from the draw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom