• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crashmore

Dec 28, 2008
    Maryland
    Been on here for a while lurking and haven't posted much in a while so I thought I'd reintroduce myself. I reside up here in Lake Linganore up in New Market. I'm in IT by day but not your typical computer guy. I'd much rather spend my free time these days outside fishing, shooting or riding my mountain bike. In my time away from doing a lot of shooting I added three kids to the family which changed my priorities a bit.

I had been shooting mostly pistols as I'm a member at monocacy. Went on a trip with a friend to his place in WV and got to shoot a bunch of ARs and caught the black rifle disease as a result.

Since then I've gotten much more active shooting pistols and added rifles to the mix. Best part is I've got my son started shooting .22 moving him up from airguns he'd been shooting as part of cub scouts. He's 8 but well beyond his years maturity wise. Same with his twin sister. Having a solid foundation for safety with the airguns and scouts made it an easy transition to "real" firearms. Going to leave him on rifles for a good while before we do anything with handguns beyond basic safety. Great part is I now have a built in range buddy at the house. Still waiting for my daughter to get interested but being patient so I don't force her into it and make her hate it. My wife will shoot enough to stay comfortable with doing so but doesn't really enjoy it... yet. I'm just happy that she's pro 2nd and supports me teaching the kids which is a better situation than a lot of my friends contend with.

I'm currently building up an Iron Man themed AR for my son to shoot that I'm dropping a .22 cmmg conversion into so he can learn the platform and basics while having fun. Went with a conversion so I don't have to buy\build a whole new rifle in a few years. I made the "mistake" of letting him shoot a club members 10-22 with red dot at the family day at the club and he's been begging for something similar ever since. :)

Teaching my kids the shooting sports has definitely reignited my passion for it. Been having similar fun sharing mountain biking and fishing with them. I think Sharing your passions with this stuff is one of the best parts of being a Dad.

Anyhow just wanted to say howdy again and reintroduce myself.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Well, Hello again. Or maybe for the 1st time, who knows. It's good to see you're getting the family involved. Don't forget to buy your wife a gun or two and take her shooting also. Your girl might be more open to it then.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi welcome.jpg
      msi welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 95

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome, from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Been on here for a while lurking and haven't posted much in a while so I thought I'd reintroduce myself. I reside up here in Lake Linganore up in New Market. I'm in IT by day but not your typical computer guy. I'd much rather spend my free time these days outside fishing, shooting or riding my mountain bike. In my time away from doing a lot of shooting I added three kids to the family which changed my priorities a bit.

I had been shooting mostly pistols as I'm a member at monocacy. Went on a trip with a friend to his place in WV and got to shoot a bunch of ARs and caught the black rifle disease as a result.

Since then I've gotten much more active shooting pistols and added rifles to the mix. Best part is I've got my son started shooting .22 moving him up from airguns he'd been shooting as part of cub scouts. He's 8 but well beyond his years maturity wise. Same with his twin sister. Having a solid foundation for safety with the airguns and scouts made it an easy transition to "real" firearms. Going to leave him on rifles for a good while before we do anything with handguns beyond basic safety. Great part is I now have a built in range buddy at the house. Still waiting for my daughter to get interested but being patient so I don't force her into it and make her hate it. My wife will shoot enough to stay comfortable with doing so but doesn't really enjoy it... yet. I'm just happy that she's pro 2nd and supports me teaching the kids which is a better situation than a lot of my friends contend with.

I'm currently building up an Iron Man themed AR for my son to shoot that I'm dropping a .22 cmmg conversion into so he can learn the platform and basics while having fun. Went with a conversion so I don't have to buy\build a whole new rifle in a few years. I made the "mistake" of letting him shoot a club members 10-22 with red dot at the family day at the club and he's been begging for something similar ever since. :)

Teaching my kids the shooting sports has definitely reignited my passion for it. Been having similar fun sharing mountain biking and fishing with them. I think Sharing your passions with this stuff is one of the best parts of being a Dad.

Anyhow just wanted to say howdy again and reintroduce myself.

Hi there!

If you want some help assembling AR's, let me know. I'm about 10 minutes from you, depending on how you get to Monocacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom