• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Curious about folks thoughts on this. I fear that the our gun hating liberal government may use the opportunity to make an anti republican, anti Trump media play and ban sales of suppressors in the state if the HPA passes.

WildBill

May 7, 2017
    I somewhat doubt they would do that. Hell, if enough make it on to the street, the city would be a lot quieter, that's got to be good for property values.

I emailed my congressman a while back expressing support for the HPA, this was his response, make of it what you will:

One of the best parts of my job is hearing from constituents. Thank you for reaching out to me regarding H.R. 367, The Hearing Protection Act. I understand your desire to protect your hearing while exercising your Second Amendment rights.

Like you, I support the Second Amendment rights of all Americans. As a former county elected official and assistant state’s attorney, I usually defer to the wishes of local law enforcement to determine its own gun regulations. Here in Maryland, if you can legally buy a gun, you can also legally buy a suppressor. I support this, as well as existing policies designed to keep these out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill.*

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    If HPA passes I have a feeling the MoCo Moonbats and their ilk will go after suppressors just to be shitty to gun owners, but that's just a guess.

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    i actually can see a day where they are required in maryland once the politicians figure out that they do not "silence" weapons but just stop annoying community associations, developers, and neighbors and actually have a legitimate benefit.

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    I somewhat doubt they would do that. Hell, if enough make it on to the street, the city would be a lot quieter, that's got to be good for property values.

I emailed my congressman a while back expressing support for the HPA, this was his response, make of it what you will:

Dutch.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Some States have Laws that LEGALIZE Suppressors ONLY they are NFA Registered. If the HPA makes Silencers Title 1 will make them illegal in some States. Maybe even MD, but IM not a lawyer.

I hope the HPA Passes, but it may have some consequences for some States.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    They're working to be sure that cannot happen in the SHARE Act.

"Read more: http://americansuppressorassociatio...mprehensive-sportsmens-package/#ixzz4kMXpMA6W
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Sec. 1703: Ensuring that suppressors will remain legal in all 42 states where they are currently legal, after suppressors are removed from the National Firearms Act"

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/06/he...-comprehensive-sportsmens-bill/#axzz4kMXkLexG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    MoCo's #1 Moonbat concurs ...

If HPA passes I have a feeling the MoCo Moonbats and their ilk will go after suppressors just to be shitty to gun owners, but that's just a guess.

As AG, Frosh will issue an 'opinion' that the PRofMD can ban them by citing some BS about state's rights ... He's an authority on COTUS ya' know ...

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I just almost posted my thoughts on this subject, but realized it was straying into the political, which is something I try to avoid on public forums.

Instead, I will say this: The HPA, even in its latest form, is not a sure thing. I plan on buying at least two suppressors this year: a .22 and a dedicated .308 for a bolt gun I own. If I happen to get a nice bonus at work this year, I think I will also buy one of the modular kits that works okay for a variety of guns. If the HPA passes, I will buy more. If it does not, I will probably still buy more. I am absolutely certain that any and all concerned local, state, and federal institutions are already well aware that I am a firearms enthusiast. It is my view that I should never let fear of what the government might eventually do stop me from enjoying 100% legal activities. To be perfectly honest, the only reason I haven't bought a suppressor before now is that most of the gun ranges I shoot at are already noisy and crowded, so having suppressed weapons would be of limited utility. That has changed somewhat recently, so I am going to go for it. I totally understand those who feel differently about the situation (particularly in regard to the HQL stuff), and mean no disrespect toward their refusal to participate in what should be considered a gross violation of individual liberties.

All that said, I really hope Maryland's GA does not ban suppressors. Sadly, I would not be surprised by that or them requiring an HQL to purchase. Then again, I have already begun discussing a move to Virginia or West Virginia with my wife due to some job opportunities that have dropped into my lap in the past month, so who knows. Probably won't happen for the next year or two, but it is looking more likely beyond that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom