• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Many departments have nice, old guns collecting dust. Twenty seven of them seems a nice stash!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

Attachments

• db_TSMG_M1-M1A12.gif
      db_TSMG_M1-M1A12.gif
      72.6 KB · Views: 767

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    The article makes it unclear if these are transferable or not: "but only those who hold a federal license can buy such weapons." But then it talks about the $200 NFA tax stamp and LEO notification. So it sound like maybe yes.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Now if we could only find a few 1000 more P.D.'s with large stashes of transferable guns :-)

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Ughhh!! I had an opportunity to buy a 1927A1 Thompson with a factory Cutts Compensator in the original box with original magazines in 1984 for the princely sum of $1500...

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The article makes it unclear if these are transferable or not: "but only those who hold a federal license can buy such weapons." But then it talks about the $200 NFA tax stamp and LEO notification. So it sound like maybe yes.

They wouldn't be worth that much if they weren't transferable.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wow...up here, PDs would cut them up into pieces....clearly they are bad and evil.

Don't give them any ideas, especially in St Lou these days.

I miss the 90s when gunshows were loaded with stuff thinned out of prisons and police departments. Ruger Mini-14 folders, Ithaca 37s, M1 carbines rack marked and stamped per facility..........the days.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Don't give them any ideas, especially in St Lou these days.

I miss the 90s when gunshows were loaded with stuff thinned out of prisons and police departments. Ruger Mini-14 folders, Ithaca 37s, M1 carbines rack marked and stamped per facility..........the days.

True...I better keep my mouth shut!:rolleyes:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I actually had one of those in my command back in the day. Not used operationally of course, was just stored and leftover from eons past. Had likely been around since the 30's. Had the whole drum and case and everything. Finally sent it down to the academy to be stored as part of their weapons library since I highly doubted anyone was going to be allowed to carry it on-duty. :)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Does a Police Department typically own transferable machine guns? I guess I am used to think of Police Departments as having non-transferable MGs, but maybe that's only if they acquired them after 1986?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom