• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Hi All

I've seen some good reviews for Streamlight Flashlights on this forum so I thought that I would let y'all know that some of them are the "Deal of the Day" on Amazon today (24Oct2018). I've never priced them anywhere else so I do not know if the deal is any good or not, but y'all can check them out on Amazon. Enjoy.

Cal68

https://www.amazon.com/apb/page/ref..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=SM73RKGZ1SBMATT0YGVM

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Thanks. I snagged one. I've got a few of the old protac 2ls an 1ls. They've been perfect. One example of their durability, I kept one clipped on me when bridge-diving at lake norris at night. Despite keeping it on and repeatedlu jumping from a bridge into water, the light had zero issues. Now, I regularly give them to my sons for flashlight baths if they're grumpy about taking a bath. Fill tub with bubbles, turn lights off and give them a streamlight 1l/2l and suddenly they're happy to take baths. The 1ls are perfect for them when we do flashlight tag around the house as well(subtly teaching them room searching and movement tactics in game form...they can slice that pie with the best of them). I'm glad this new version bumped up to 500 lumens and that it now takes 18650s. Now I just need the tlr1hl to be a daily deal for that new ar pistol...

Last edited:

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Streamlight is a step up from Maglite, but there are many flashlight companies out there that offer more lumens, more features, more durability, and often lower prices. There's nothing wrong with Streamlight, but you can get more from other companies. Streamlight is good at sale prices but not at retail prices, IMHO.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I have a couple Streamlights. Work well. I like the stylus. I have not bought any in a while since buying a few Olights. I may jump on stylus. Maybe good Christmas gifts.

The Olights I have with the usb ported batteries work really well for me. So do the magnetic tail cap charging.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I have a number of Streamlight flashlights. My favorite is the MicroStream. It's not the brightest, but it's tough and the form factor is great. As others have said, you don't usually get the latest and greatest emitter technology with Streamlight, but IMO you usually get the most rugged and reliable light.

Lawyer56

Feb 10, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    I recently purchased these from Amazon "Gold Armour 4Pack Portable LED Camping Lantern (EMITS 350 LUMENS!) LED Lantern Lights for Emergency, Hurricane, Power Outage, Great Gift Set, Gear Accessories Equipment" (CLF100)

Five-star rating.

$25 for four lanterns/flashlights with magnetic bottom includes batteries. 350 lumens.

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    damn it, I did NOT need to spend that money. Gonna hand down my Fenix TK16 to the wife I guess now. SHIT.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Well that was quick...

Attachments

• 20181024_190946.jpg
      20181024_190946.jpg
      81.3 KB · Views: 144
    • 20181024_191014.jpg
      20181024_191014.jpg
      59.7 KB · Views: 167

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    I have a number of Streamlight flashlights. My favorite is the MicroStream. It's not the brightest, but it's tough and the form factor is great. As others have said, you don't usually get the latest and greatest emitter technology with Streamlight, but IMO you usually get the most rugged and reliable light.

I just bought a MicroStream last week. It’s perfect to carry because it’s just a bit bigger than the AAA battery that powers it. Love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom