• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Something not mentioned in the MSM that I've heard (because they want to make the gun the active component)...

The assassin specifically stated that he CHOSE firearms as his tool (implying he had other options available to him), in order to create political discord in the US and elsewhere.

He didn’t imply, he actually spelled out other methods.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Mass Shooting in "Gun Free" China

Police shoot gunman after he kills five in northern China
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soc...oot-gunman-after-he-kills-five-northern-china
    Police arrested the man in Tongliao city.

Police have arrested a man after he shot and killed five people in China’s northern Inner Mongolia autonomous region on Monday.

The man killed people in three different locations between 3.30pm and 4.20pm, the authorities said.

The Beijing News reported that the man was arrested after police shot and wounded him in Kailu county, Tongliao city. It said firearms and ammunition were confiscated from him...

Gun crime is rare in China, where private firearm ownership is almost entirely forbidden, although guns can be bought on the black market through online dealers.

Regulations introduced in 2014 authorised police officers to carry guns, after decades in which Chinese police were unarmed.

ETA: The point here is that in China, the "Progressive Paradise" that Liberals want us to emulate, only the military and police have legal guns. The nationwide ban there SIMPLY DOESN'T WORK.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Even the progressives admit, they are not trying to ban guns. They just want to make sure that the unwashed masses don't have guns. The progressives are all in favor of taking money from those of us who pay taxes (at the point of a gun we paid for) so that they can buy more guns and ammunition for the servants willing to work for them.

No smart tyrant would want their paid servants being outgunned by the rabble. Good thing they haven't worked up the gumption to do something about the abhorrent condition where the rabble outnumber the wise and benevolent progressive intellectuals.

Did I mention that my well paid, 30+ year term as a public servant is just about over with? : )

Be safe.

clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    I don't back a ban but you could argue that it worked for Australia. There have been 0 mass shootings in Australia since the ban.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    And I read somewhere the other day that there are more guns in the peasants' hands now than before the FIRST ban.

Sort of. They cracked a million guns in private hands 3 or 4 years ago. Which is slightly more guns than they had prior to the ban and buyback. But the population is higher now. So guns per person is still lower.

Of course that doesn’t take in to account any lost firearms through boating accidents or new flower beds.

They are on track to be higher in terms of % if the populace owning a gun though. Just not sure how much longer that’ll take (several years at least).

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    If politicians believe gun bans will stop shootings, do they also believe arms embargoes will stop wars????

6yHMKpg.jpg

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Sort of. They cracked a million guns in private hands 3 or 4 years ago. Which is slightly more guns than they had prior to the ban and buyback. But the population is higher now. So guns per person is still lower.

Of course that doesn’t take in to account any lost firearms through boating accidents or new flower beds.

They are on track to be higher in terms of % if the populace owning a gun though. Just not sure how much longer that’ll take (several years at least).

They just had a second round of amnesty "turn ins" recently, because of the statistic I quoted. I'm led to believe that one failed miserably.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Australia+gun+ban

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Philippa Yasbek, co-founder of Gun Control NZ, said it was likely that the low level of voluntary hand-ins so far was due in part to people “waiting to see the levels of compensation on offer” before details were revealed.

Yes, Philippa, people are waiting to see ...

700 firearms have been turned-in already. Seven-hundred! That's a lot! I think you've got most of them. You can go back to organizing your kids' soccer tournament now.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I read some of the article,

In the middle where is states what amounts to a veiled apology, NZ says to Legal citizens, we are sorry for your luck for owning once legal/now illegal arms. Turn em in and stay legal, or face consequences if you don't and thus make yourself a criminal.

“We urge people to stay calm,” Mike Clement, New Zealand Police’s deputy commissioner of national operations, told The Washington Post.

“We acknowledge that you’re a law-abiding citizen and through no fault of your own you now find yourself in possession of firearms that are now illegal,” he said, but he noted that once the amnesty period expires, there is no excuse for holding on to weapons.

Sounds exactly like when the Anti gun folks here say, " we aren't trying to take away your guns" "we just..."

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    In another couple years no one in the Brit Commonwealth (does it still exist?) will be eating with metal utensils. All foodstuffs will be liquified, and taken thru paper straws.

Actually it might be an improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom