• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    So that guy who got kicked out of the State of the Union for booing when Trump brought up the 2nd Amendment?

His daughter was killed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

He set up a charity in her name. Okay, cool. I am with this so far. That is probably something I would do

But that charity, that he manages, paid him $33,000 last year. Now that is something I wouldn't do.

It's fair if the charity pays for his flight and hotel to go speak somewhere. But to pay himself a salary, which he can then use to buy a new car or a boat if he wanted to? With charity money? Hell no.

He isn't a real anti gun activist. He is paying himself to become an anti gun celebrity so he can profit off of it. This was Nancy Pelosi's personal guest to the State of the Union, a death proffiteer selling his own daughter's memory for a little Fame and $33,000.

Disgusting.

https://www.mom-at-arms.com/post/vi...foundation-set-up-after-the-parkland-shooting

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    This is a very touchy area, as Fred is dealing with the loss of his daughter in his own way. You can’t criticize that, as he experienced something none of us ever hope to. Hopefully going forward the issues at the charity are ironed out. This is NOT meant as an attack on Fred personally, as everything here (documents/connections) is fact.

The guy has been dealt a very bad hand in life. He has to wake up every day to a very, very bad and depressing reality. Paying himself out of the charity seems kind of scummy but maybe he's taking time off work to speak or whatever and the $33k makes it so he's not sad and broke.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    It's not necessarily shady. If he set his daughter's charity as a foundation, then he's effectively working for the foundation.

Speaking, talking, managing, and publicizing takes time, effort and dedication. It can take up all of your hours. The man's gotta eat. If this has become his job, he should be paid. How much do you think the head of the Red Cross is paid? Bet he doesn't put as much passion into his job.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I would never want any part of the money or the death of someone to obtain it . I wish and pray that he can find peace and happiness .

I will put it like this I would give my life for my son and all the money I have and everything I own for him to be healthy , I am here to tell you people (family) is the only thing I get .

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I would never want any part of the money or the death of someone to obtain it . I wish and pray that he can find peace and happiness .

I will put it like this I would give my life for my son and all the money I have and everything I own for him to be healthy , I am here to tell you people (family) is the only thing I get .

As mentioned, I don’t agree with his cause, but if he has decided this is now his life’s work, how is he supposed to live without some kind of income? Short of being wealthy, gotta work to earn a living. And if this is now his work, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Now if you’d said he was getting lad out $330,000 from the charity, this would be a whole different conversation. Or if he had a day job and this was some part time thing on the side.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If the US can give aid money to the Palestinians who then turn around and pay the families of suicide bombers, then this guy is doing just what we, as a nation, are supporting.

He's just operating on the retail level.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Nope, just like the parents of Martin, Brown, and all the rest. Making a profit off someone's death is despicable. Selling memorabilia to make money off them is wrong. Their charities are nothing but a money laundering scheme.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    As mentioned, I don’t agree with his cause, but if he has decided this is now his life’s work, how is he supposed to live without some kind of income? Short of being wealthy, gotta work to earn a living. And if this is now his work, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Now if you’d said he was getting lad out $330,000 from the charity, this would be a whole different conversation. Or if he had a day job and this was some part time thing on the side.

Then he should set up a GFM page to pay his expenses. You know a “help me bring my murdered daughters story to the people...blah blah blah”. This is why I am very leery about donating to charities. First I find out what % of my donation is for “expenses”.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Then he should set up a GFM page to pay his expenses. You know a “help me bring my murdered daughters story to the people...blah blah blah”. This is why I am very leery about donating to charities. First I find out what % of my donation is for “expenses”.

And this guy isn't making up lost income..He is on a self promotion tour...almost certainly funded by someone else.

He has been at the State of the Union as the personal guest of the Speaker of the House. He made a disruption at the Matt Kavanaugh confirmation. He showed up at a televised Marco Rubio town hall.

He isn't getting front and center national TV attention by accident. He likes the spotlight and is happy to let liberals use him as a stage prop while he gets paid for it.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I’ll just say this. If my daughter was say raped and killed by a group if illegal aliens and say they got off due to some sanctuary city law or something. I might decide to quit my job and make it my life’s work to raise public awareness and lobby lawmakers. Say I found the most effective way to realize my life’s new mission involved hiring a PR firm and a staff of 30-40 ppl to be effective nationwide. If I were working full time at my new job running the charity I would ask myself how much would I have to pay someone to do the work and get results. I could easily see that being a 6-figure salary in the DC area. So if I decided to run said charity myself I wouldn’t feel ashamed to earn the same salary. If I made an impact and was able to change laws then it might be considered money well spent to those who donated to then cause. If I failed to deliver results then I would deserve appropriate criticism.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I’ll just say this. If my daughter was say raped and killed by a group if illegal aliens and say they got off due to some sanctuary city law or something. I might decide to quit my job and make it my life’s work to raise public awareness and lobby lawmakers.

Except your organization would be labeled by SPLC as a hate group. you'd be demonetized and then banned on social media.

I feel bad for the victim's father. But frankly there are WAY more people, including children,victimized by the Fourth and Fifth Amendments. Way more, including the Parkland murder than can be blamed on the ACLU and leftist judges.

Literally his entire set of screeds could have been as easily been directed at Us warrant requirements.

It is no accident that Bloomberg is not just the largest proponent of reduced fourth and fifth amendment rights, but also the person most responsible for shredding them in practice.

All societies can be made safer, including safer for children, by reducing rights. Can you imagine the father of a victim beaten or stabbed to death by crazy person going ot the state of the union and blaming Obama for his support of the aCLU, which has worked to make the US the most difficult society on earth to mandatory commit and treat crazy people?

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    And this guy isn't making up lost income..He is on a self promotion tour...almost certainly funded by someone else.

He has been at the State of the Union as the personal guest of the Speaker of the House. He made a disruption at the Matt Kavanaugh confirmation. He showed up at a televised Marco Rubio town hall.

He isn't getting front and center national TV attention by accident. He likes the spotlight and is happy to let liberals use him as a stage prop while he gets paid for it.

It really is hard to tell what the driving force is. Having lost my wife recently, I can say I'll never be the same again. I was/am a bit phucked in the head. Just going back to the daily commute took all I had, until I had to make a career change, sell my house, move, blah blah blah.

Still, I cannot imagine losing one of my daughters. The everyday routine and priorities go away, and we scramble to make sense of what has happened. I can relate that he is trying to figure out how to make sure his daughter didn't die in vein. It's irrelevant as to the path he is taking, and advocating for, he is probably just driven to focus all his energy in her honor. Most because he has no clue what else to do. Grief is horrible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom