• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Been a while since i have bought a model 39. Since pat clarke, i think her name is. Today, Saw a VKT with a nice wartime stock, chip out of butt stock and very good blue (1944) in a store. Store just called it a Mosin. Nearly $1,000. Didn’t pay too much attention, but saw No special marks, like eagles, etc. Have prices on these really good rifles gone that high In 10 years? If this is worth 1k what are the Tikas, the plum colored B, the Sako 1945. Hope some of you will opine.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Heck no. $1,000 is insane unless there’s 100% undeniable proof that it’s the rifle Field Marshal Mannerheim single handedly used to repel a Soviet charge in Karelia.

Prices have risen, but for a standard example like that, I’ve seen them for around $500-$600. Something a little bit more special like say a PL marked Sako with the straight stock will be a bit more.

Brian at South Carroll Sporting Goods has a really nice example of a VKT M39 for around $550 if I remember right.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I was getting ready to list this nice 1943 Sako for 600.00, is that what they are going for now? It's the darker one.

Attachments

• DSCN0839.jpg
      DSCN0839.jpg
      52.5 KB · Views: 356
    • DSCN0835.jpg
      DSCN0835.jpg
      12.9 KB · Views: 393
    • DSCN0833.jpg
      DSCN0833.jpg
      14.9 KB · Views: 392
    Last edited:

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Empire Arms has one now. $Four figures. It's been up for a while.
    Years ago, a member here I bought a M39 offered me a helluva deal on a M28/76. I had just bought the M39, and had very young kids so money was tight, and couldn't afford it at the time. A D chambered one too. Probably my biggest gun non-buy regret.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Pat Burns had been still selling M39s up till recently, but since selling most of their stockpile to Classic, all they had left were antique M39s not requiring a FFL. I got a 1897/1968 M39 from her a few years ago. Mint, unfired supposedly since rebuild, except maybe test shots. Looks brand new, but I still prefer to take out my old 1898/1944 M39 that's beat to hell.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Gents, a question re the 28/76. I bought one some years ago from the tennessee gun seller that had ATF problems. Was a very reasonable price and i think it may have been the original importer of these into the country, but it was not a D and would not shoot the russian stuff...the x54. Finding the x53 is expensive. Can this rifle be reamed to a D chamber size so it can shoot the x54? Anyone know any competent person who can do this? Would you even consider this?

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I was getting ready to list this nice 1943 Sako for 600.00, is that what they are going for now? It's the darker one.

Assuming the bolt matches...There's market pricing and wishful thinking pricing. I believe you're on the upper end of the market for the '43 Sako, but certainly not into the wishful thinking stratosphere :D
    In today's market, I'd start at $600 to check for bites, then eventually drop to $550. Not sure I'd go down to - and certainly NOT below $500 for now. You should be able to get $500+ on gunbroker. I dig the darker stocks.

Contact me when you get down to $500 and actually want to part with it! ;) :D

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Assuming the bolt matches...There's market pricing and wishful thinking pricing. I believe you're on the upper end of the market for the '43 Sako, but certainly not into the wishful thinking stratosphere :D
    In today's market, I'd start at $600 to check for bites, then eventually drop to $550. Not sure I'd go down to - and certainly NOT below $500 for now. You should be able to get $500+ on gunbroker. I dig the darker stocks.

Contact me when you get down to $500 and actually want to part with it! ;) :D

Thanks for your insight, I have listed it in the classifieds at 600.00 and have had a couple inquiries already. It does have matching numbers. I've come to realize I have far too many firearms for my age and with 2 repaired shoulders can't take heavy recoil and steel butt plates anymore.

Last edited:

Gunner220

Jul 24, 2012
    Thanks for your insight, I have listed it in the classifieds at 600.00 and have had a couple inquiries already. It does have matching numbers. I've come to realize I have far too many firearms for my age and with 2 repaired shoulders can't take heavy recoil and steel butt plates anymore.

I feel your shoulder pain. This can be helped with theM39 by using a limbsaver slip on recoil pad . Additionally if you reload, I have had good results with the Speer 125gr TNT. Recoil is way reduced and can be very accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom