• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Mike posted this on the Wicomico County Maryland for Second Amendment Sanctuary FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/277820306527650/

Mike Lewis
    Yesterday at 1:57 PM
    Good afternoon! Yesterday I spoke with Wicomico County Executive Bob Culver regarding introducing an official resolution making Wicomico County a 2A Sanctuary. He gave me his support to commence the process.

I have reached out to a number of jurisdictions who have drafted and successfully passed such legislation in an effort to see what would work best for our county.

While passing such legislation is viewed as largely symbolic, reassuring and protective to the particular jurisdiction, it’s viewed as meaningless and unenforceable to lawmakers.

However, I believe the time has come to unite Marylanders on this issue, and to warn lawmakers: We don’t want nor do we need stricter gun laws, and we caution you in your repeated efforts to pass them.

I will keep you posted as we prepare a tailored resolution in the days ahead.

Thanks!

Sheriff Mike Lewis

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I heard a quick radio moment yesterday where Sheriff Mike was wanting to tackle some crime and get some things done. Makes me not feel so bad when I pay my land taxes to Wicomico.
    Good to hear something like that once in a while.

You’ve really lucked out! I’ve taken two trainings he was a speaker at. He’s a wild dude but in a good way.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Does this mean he will no longer enforce ERPO's and take firearms from Wicomico County residents without first providing them due process?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Does this mean he will no longer enforce ERPO's and take firearms from Wicomico County residents without first providing them due process?

I did not want to poo-poo the po-po about that very topic . The sheriff is a breath of fresh air compared to many .
    But that ERPO issue is a sore topic and I feel he needs to respond about why he feels he needs to serve them .

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Lewis is the real deal. Tells it like he sees it and won't tell you something he is not going to do. Lucky for us to have him!

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

No... it does not.

Read the letter again. He clearly states... "While passing such legislation is viewed as largely symbolic, reassuring and protective to the particular jurisdiction, it’s viewed as meaningless and unenforceable to lawmakers."

The good Sheriff is bound by the orders of the Courts and has no choice but to enforce those orders. "Due process" is unfortunately what the lawmakers determine it to be until the SCOTUS whacks their short rods and makes them adhere to the Civil Rights as written.

However, he is also in the position where he is afforded certain discretion in how the county is policed by his Deputies. So in those other matters... I believe that the honest law abiding gun owners have a lot less to worry about than in counties where the Sheriff or Police Chief is in agreement with the political hacks who may control them.

Kudos to him for taking the stand in this Gulag we call Maryland.

Stagstalker

Jan 15, 2017
    The cesspool of MD
    Looks like Dorchester is beginning to unite with a 2A fb page also. I'd wager those 2 other sheriff {forgot which co's}that spoke on gun bills in the past will be doing the same. While we might never know the strength of this local legislation until/if they're used in court, I believe they help. If 2A sanc cant stand in court then neither can sanc for illegals, which likely in part is why they are now trying to make that state wide sanctuary. The drive for 2A sanc helps just as in VA, to bring awareness and knowledge, unity and solidarity, they bring hope and fortitude. A wide spread exercise that shows legislators we are serious and we're going to fight it every way we can. It may not catch on and spread with the speed it did in VA, but I think everyone that does facebook should join and share, spread the message even if you dont live in these counties you or those you know may pass threw these areas with peace of mind, but more importantly will hopefully inspire other counties. I know theres alot going on right now but there is no better time than now to help utilize this tool, it dont take much to join, share and spread.
    I think this will also expose local county council members, co executives, sheriff's of other counties as to whether they truly support the Constitution and the People, and whether they want your vote next time or not....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom