Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old June 23rd, 2020, 10:00 PM #1
TV Personality

TV Personality

Firearms Dealers Who Won't Release on 8th Day

Twenty Thirteen Two: Electric Boogaloo

Most of us lived through the bullcrap that was 2013 and remember how frustrating it was to have a gun in MSP Purgatory for upwards of 100 days because their (to that point) favorite gun shop would not release on the 8th day even though they could by MD law.

Fast forward to the current MSP computer system crash/hack/debacle and we are hearing that again some FFLs are not complying with MD law.

A right delayed is a right denied and there is NO reason why ALL Maryland firearms dealers should not be releasing after 7 days.

Out them here.

Duffy's (confirmed via Facebook) https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX

Mess with God's hour you get the Sig Sauer - Jack Wilson (probably)
Stoveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2020, 10:18 PM #2

Get “link broken or page removed”.
Mightydog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2020, 10:24 PM #3
TV Personality

TV Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightydog View Post
Get “link broken or page removed”.
Works for me but here it is.
Attached Images

Old June 23rd, 2020, 10:38 PM #4
TV Personality

TV Personality

What makes this so heinous is that not all of Duffy's or other places customers are OFWGs who have plenty of other firearms with which to protect themselves or their loved ones during this time of uncertainty and police stand downs. We set a record last month for NICS background checks and many of them are first time gun buyers, single moms and residents of cities where the lawlessness that we see every night on the TV is allowed to go unchecked.

These people are pissed off and fearful for their lives and now the cherry on top of the shit sandwich sundae is that after they have gone through all of the unconstitutional hoops that MD requires to purchase a handgun they are now being additionally crapped on by the gun store where they made their purchase. This is unconscionable.

Who's next on the gun store Walk Of Shame? Hopefully none, but the guys that drive the big cars in Vegas don't think so.

Old June 24th, 2020, 03:02 AM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
What makes this so heinous is that not all of Duffy's or other places customers are OFWGs who have plenty of other firearms with which to protect themselves or their loved ones during this time of uncertainty and police stand downs. We set a record last month for NICS background checks and many of them are first time gun buyers, single moms and residents of cities where the lawlessness that we see every night on the TV is allowed to go unchecked.

These people are pissed off and fearful for their lives and now the cherry on top of the shit sandwich sundae is that after they have gone through all of the unconstitutional hoops that MD requires to purchase a handgun they are now being additionally crapped on by the gun store where they made their purchase. This is unconscionable.

Who's next on the gun store Walk Of Shame? Hopefully none, but the guys that drive the big cars in Vegas don't think so.
Two thirds of the first-time gun buyers voted for the tools who subsequently screwed them out of their 2A rights. It's only proper that they should be educated in the ways of the MD GA legislators in this way; it may open a few minds.

I've pretty much run out of sympathy for the MD Dem voters. Let them eat the same shit sandwich they've fed us.

"Forget it, Jake, it's C̶h̶i̶n̶a̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ Maryland."

Originally Posted by Deep Lurker:
Quote:
Disclaimer: “No criminals will be harmed in the passage of these gun control bills.”
Bob A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2020, 04:49 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A View Post
Two thirds of the first-time gun buyers voted for the tools who subsequently screwed them out of their 2A rights. It's only proper that they should be educated in the ways of the MD GA legislators in this way; it may open a few minds.

I've pretty much run out of sympathy for the MD Dem voters. Let them eat the same shit sandwich they've fed us.
DING DING DING DING, we have a winner,, BUT,, wait,,
BUT i don't like them trampling anyone's rights

People laugh at me because I am different,, I laugh 'cause they are all the same.

Life time NRA member
THier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2020, 09:40 AM #7
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

I understand the "heartburn". LGS are evaluating risk/reward here. With MD and MDSP and MGA overt hostility towards gunowners in their eyes they are trying to "protect" their business. Is it "right", no, is it "wrong" i don't believe so.
jrumann59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2020, 10:14 AM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrumann59 View Post
I understand the "heartburn". LGS are evaluating risk/reward here. With MD and MDSP and MGA overt hostility towards gunowners in their eyes they are trying to "protect" their business. Is it "right", no, is it "wrong" i don't believe so.
^^^^ This.

The Annapolis folks would like to shut down ALL handgun sales in MD. The LGS don't want to end up on the news as "Ignored requests from the MD State Police" and get the Vince's Crab House treatment.

It sucks. It's wrong. It shouldn't happen. It's the way the MD SP has been acting since I bought my first handgun back in the 80's though.
cantstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2020, 10:23 AM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrumann59 View Post
Ya, this is why I haven't outed my dealer. That and its one of the few ranges within a reasonable drive of me, so I'm going to give it a couple more days to see if it gets fixed. I can understand from their side wanting to wait a c couple days to see if the problem is fixed. I don't agree with it, but I understand. The longer it goes on though, the less understandable it becomes.

With that said, I won't use them for purchases any more.
Kaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2020, 10:32 AM #10
I wanna go fast

I wanna go fast

The dealers aren't the ones to blame here. The state is the problem. I can't blame shops for not wanting to take on the liability of releasing firearms against MSPs wishes.

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues