Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Gym Ratz Nutrition
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old June 29th, 2020, 06:57 PM #21

The more and more I'm reading here sounds like my issue is not unique. This is actually the 1st of 2 suppressors I purchased. Few months apart but the 2nd suppressor he sold as in-stock was not. Felt like I was getting a major run around just to try and get the paperwork submitted. All the responses were "next week" or "I'll check into that" with no follow through.
jsnider22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2020, 07:26 PM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
It seems the prudent thing for MDS to do, after reading multiple threads on this issue - drop him as an IP.
Out of respect for the members.

Some time ago he listed that he had two suppressors of a certain model in stock and on sale. I went to his shop paid for one, filled out the paperwork and what not. I figured I was going to have to wait some time for things to clear. As luck would have it my paperwork cleared in short order and I picked it up.

Since it was my first Form 4, John couldn’t have been more helpful in walking me through the process and getting things done. Every time I have dealt with him, he has been straight up.

Now, since this is Monday, his posted day off, maybe it would be a good idea to give the man a chance to respond before stoning him.
Scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2020, 07:33 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrounger View Post
Some time ago he listed that he had two suppressors of a certain model in stock and on sale. I went to his shop paid for one, filled out the paperwork and what not. I figured I was going to have to wait some time for things to clear. As luck would have it my paperwork cleared in short order and I picked it up.

Since it was my first Form 4, John couldn’t have been more helpful in walking me through the process and getting things done. Every time I have dealt with him, he has been straight up.

Now, since this is Monday, his posted day off, maybe it would be a good idea to give the man a chance to respond before stoning him.
These issues have been going on a lot longer than this thread.
basscat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2020, 08:05 PM #24

In all fairness scrounger, I didn't suggest stoning him!! I am glad it all worked out for you, for too many on here,
it hasn't. Out of my 31 years in business I may have had 5 people I recall who were less than 100% satisfied, (all of them in the wrong, trying to screw me)
even one lady I said - are you 95% satisfied? She goes Yes. I said "Give me 95% of my bill then.
Kinda sad cause she had a rack on her like a 12 point buck! Wait, what?
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2020, 08:23 PM #25

hmm. I picked up my Omega 300 a onth or so ago. Did take a couple weeks after the ATF said GTG. I live in Germantown. Even with the drive- beautiful one by the way and the gas, still a couple hundred cheaper than for what it was going. The guys there were nice. It was a Saturday. Sparse selections there. It was frustrating trying to get hold of them. I assume since Covid.

Sorry to hear this. Prior, I talked to a woman, John and John Sr. lol.
babalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2020, 09:24 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrounger View Post

He has had many opportunities to respond to me, but the responses, while probably given with the best of intentions, have, to borrow a current euphemism, “lacked candor”. Straight up would be a welcome change.
Old June 29th, 2020, 09:49 PM #27

I have never ordered anything from gymratz but have bought ammo and used deals from them. Always nice people and great prices. I was stopping by once or twice a week up until they shut down for the rona, once they did that I started stopping by jmj and have since spent some money there. Hopefully gymratz will sort out the issues and redeem themselves. Sometimes the used prices were so good I was wondering how can they do it so cheap. I hope that this isn't all those deals catching up with him.

Last edited by Johnconlee; June 29th, 2020 at 09:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Johnconlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2020, 12:53 AM #28
Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
I'm on the prepaid SMG-45 list as well. I took the place of someone who dropped off an ordered a Python instead. Is Lipsey's the distributor he used to place all of the orders with?
According to my last conversation with John on 6/24 @ 1:05PM, "The SMG45s are shipping from Lipsey's and should arrive next week." This was in response to another phone conversation two weeks prior in which, "They should be here in 1-2 weeks."

I've been making attempts to contact Lipsey's to verify this FFL has at least paid for my order at the distributor level. I'll advise if I get anywhere.
crolfe1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2020, 05:20 AM #29

Location: In Comminuest Monkey Cnty,In the NON Free state of Marylandstine

Location: In Comminuest Monkey Cnty,In the NON Free state of Marylandstine
I would not be surprised if John did come down with the virus and has been recovering and thus unable to do any customer responding at all. Yesterday alone their were over 300 deaths in our non free state and over 150 new cases as well. I hope that he is not one of those numbers...
motorcoachdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2020, 06:35 AM #30

Well as an updated I did finally get a response from John to one of my many e-mails. But the response was only "When I get in tomorrow ill check first thing. I know we called alot of people and some didn't answer to we left voice mails." Lets hope he does actually check and get back to me. I've heard that response before on my other purchase from them and never got any follow through.
jsnider22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Gym Ratz Nutrition