• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I've been using a Cold Steel Gunsite folder the last few years.
    It's been good, solid, VG-1 holds a good edge...
    but I'll probably opt for the Gunsite 2 with the
    shorter blade next.
    imgres

joemac

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2010
    West Point Va
    You will be well served by a Spyderco Paramilitary II. Had one almost a year now and has held up remarkably well. Have hit it a couple times with a stone and comes our shaving sharp after just a few passes and holds the edge for months of near daily use.

Kotyaer

Jan 14, 2012
    ESVA
    +1 for Emerson. Love my CQC-15. Thing's bomb proof. Bit of a pain to sharpen, but fine otherwise. Broke the tip dropping it onto the warehouse floor at work (cement, and it took a piece of the cement out as well...), and they took care of me. He stands by his products.

MindOOB

Jul 6, 2012
    MindOOB,

By the way, as much as I admire the fact that you'd like to stick to one knife... you'll realize that it just won't work. Every year knife manufacturers produce enough new models to keep us gagging and forking out more $.

Fact is... you'll see something that will make you go "gaga" and "I need that now". 'cause... your EDC will bore you eventually. Go with the flavor of the day and have a flavor for each day of the week.

While I don't disagree with this it will at least last me a few years before more pile up :)

MindOOB

Jul 6, 2012
    What did you get?

:drool:

RaVis - Thank you for all the recommendations.. I was almost tempted to get another fixed blade when I was there but I had to snap out of it and remember why I was there.

After holding a lot of different knives I went with a Chris Reeves Sebenza 21 with micarta inlay. The thing is pretty much bombproof and looks like it last longer than me. Sorry for the iphone picture but you get the idea.. ;)

7983869723_51502e0cda.jpg

JohnnyBmore

This is not a"FREE STATE"
    Feb 3, 2011
    Nice Choice!!! High quality and great looks .. can't beat that with a stick!!

the inlays look awesome.

Same here.

Also, what are these three $500 penknives that guy carries? :)

Sorry for the Crappy phone pic as well ...
    photo3.jpg

The Bolo in the middle gets rotated with other customs ....

Up top: Bladerunners Alpha Beast first addition (dirty Dozen)
    Middle: Matt Cook of Pinoy Knife Custom Bolo
    Bottom: Benchmade 47

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    RaVis - Thank you for all the recommendations.. I was almost tempted to get another fixed blade when I was there but I had to snap out of it and remember why I was there.

After holding a lot of different knives I went with a Chris Reeves Sebenza 21 with micarta inlay. The thing is pretty much bombproof and looks like it last longer than me. Sorry for the iphone picture but you get the idea.. ;)

You SOB! That's the one I wanted! :D Just kidding. I liked that large Insingo Sebenza w/inlays they had (or it might have sold since the last time I was there). Awesome, luv' it when it comes together like that. Like I said... soon, you'll want the plain large, the plain small, the micarta small... etc.

Cheers!

DSC06102.jpg

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    The Bolo in the middle gets rotated with other customs ....

Up top: Bladerunners Alpha Beast first addition (dirty Dozen)
    Middle: Matt Cook of Pinoy Knife Custom Bolo
    Bottom: Benchmade 47

Dang, dude. Nice! I tried out a BM 42 once, but realized balis weren't for me.

:thumbsup:

JohnnyBmore

This is not a"FREE STATE"
    Feb 3, 2011
    Dang, dude. Nice! I tried out a BM 42 once, but realized balis weren't for me.

:thumbsup:

Yeah not for everyone .. But if you like um enough to carry one for a month ...
    well lets say the "Addiction" begins ...

Missing more then a few here I need to update

lottabali.jpg

all my Benchmades ..

photo5.jpg

OK I'll stop .....

But seriously really nice Buy/ find from the OP ..will have to visit Edgeworks some time soon .

MindOOB

Jul 6, 2012
    Hey hey .. I did say "Missing more then a few here I need to update"

:lol2:

lol, that a crazy amount of bolo's. They looks awesome.. :thumbsup:

You SOB! That's the one I wanted! :D Just kidding. I liked that large Insingo Sebenza w/inlays they had (or it might have sold since the last time I was there). Awesome, luv' it when it comes together like that. Like I said... soon, you'll want the plain large, the plain small, the micarta small... etc.

Cheers!

DSC06102.jpg

Thats an awesome one. I didnt see any black blades I think that might have shot to the top of my list. Yeah I have a feeling Ill be in there soon to snag that Spartan Blade Harsey knife they have. I got one for my dad for his bday and have been in envy since.. Might not need to this blade on the CR is pretty impressive.

:D

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Mind00B.

No doubt in mind your collection will look like this within the next 12 months.

:D

(pic credit to a stjames on bf.com)

crkcollection.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom