• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    And people wonder why I swear by .45ACP.....guys like y'all. :D

45 ACP.... good choice:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You do know that the 45ACP and the Colt 1911 Pistol was adopted by the US Army to replace the .38 SW to put out Crazy Filipinos during the Philippine Insurrection and Morro uprising ( Jihad )

This was mainly due to the inability of the Krags and .38 revolvers to effectively stop a Machete ( bolo) wielding Pinoy, gone " amok" ( Ammuck) and charging into the Defensive Firing line. The Bolo weilding crazy was called" Huramentado" This guys was one of the first suicide dumbazzes in world. A huramentado, will shave all his body hair, get drugged up with talampunay ( opium poppies boiled in water), put tourniquets and grease all over his body and charge into the firing line. There is a documented case of a Huramentado reaching the defensive line afrom an open field after sustaining more than 100 shots from the Krag- Jorgenssen rifle before he was put down. The 45ACP can put down a Huramentado with a singlecenter mass shot. This is why,the Philippine Army, was one of the few Allied nations to the US that refused to adopt the 9mm and Stayed with the 45ACP up to this day.This is also why you see a lot of 1911's being imported from there.

The Butterfly Knife or Bali-song ( Beinte Nueve, total length was 29cm) also originated from that place. The Arnis ( stick fighting) was a bit of a modified martial Art form as the original method was to use two Bolos or machetes. Steven Seagal actually employs Kali- Philippine Knife fighting techniques in his movies, same thing with Jason Bourne and Jedi knights.:thumbsup:

And a lot of folks do not know, That if the Brits have the Gurkhas with their Kukris , The US Army had the Elite Philippine Scouts and the Bolo Blade ( disbanded in 1946).

Below:
    Philippine Scouts during Bolo drill. The Philippine scouts were armed with the traditional Philippine machete-type weapon called a Bolo. This weapon was incorporated into the official US Army arsenal. These weapons are likely M1909 Bolo or “Smatchet” knives with a 14-inch blade. It was an ideal tool for clearing a path through difficult jungle. The rifles on the ground are M2 .22-caliber training rifles. They were used in training, particularly marksmanship training, instead of the service rifle because of the inexpensive .22-caliber ammunition.

Jose Calugas, Medal of Honor recipient ( Old glory behind the Philippine Flag,, The Philippines was a US colony until 1946)

Attachments

• Bolo Drill_phil.jpg
      Bolo Drill_phil.jpg
      102.1 KB · Views: 126
    • 17.jpg
      17.jpg
      47.9 KB · Views: 122

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    45 ACP.... good choice:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You do know that the 45ACP and the Colt 1911 Pistol was adopted by the US Army to replace the .38 SW to put out Crazy Filipinos during the Philippine Insurrection and Morro uprising ( Jihad )

This was mainly due to the inability of the Krags and .38 revolvers to effectively stop a Machete ( bolo) wielding Pinoy, gone " amok" ( Ammuck) and charging into the Defensive Firing line. The Bolo weilding crazy was called" Huramentado" This guys was one of the first suicide dumbazzes in world. A huramentado, will shave all his body hair, get drugged up with talampunay ( opium poppies boiled in water), put tourniquets and grease all over his body and charge into the firing line. There is a documented case of a Huramentado reaching the defensive line afrom an open field after sustaining more than 100 shots from the Krag- Jorgenssen rifle before he was put down. The 45ACP can put down a Huramentado with a singlecenter mass shot. This is why,the Philippine Army, was one of the few Allied nations to the US that refused to adopt the 9mm and Stayed with the 45ACP up to this day.This is also why you see a lot of 1911's being imported from there.
    The Butterfly Knife or Bali-song ( Beinte Nueve, total length was 29cm) also originated from that place. The Arnis ( stick fighting) was a bit of a modified martial Art form as the original method was to use two Bolos or machetes. Steven Seagal actually employs Kali- Philippine Knife fighting techniques in his movies, same thing with Jason Bourne and Jedi knights.:thumbsup:

And a lot of folks do not know, That if the Brits have the Gurkhas with their Kukris , The US Army had the Elite Philippine Scouts and the Bolo Blade ( disbanded in 1946).

Great info SCAR

other than ARMSCOR are there any other 1911 mfg in the Phil???

IIRC ARMSCOR mfg the Firestorm 1911 and RIA, what else?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    An Original , Turn of the century Philippine Bolo. ( with scabbard)
    used by my Grandfather during WW2 , when he was a member of the Philippine Scouts.

I love the Grip on this thing, It is made out of Philippine mahogany and rattan binding.

Attachments

• Philippine Bolo.jpg
      Philippine Bolo.jpg
      90.9 KB · Views: 123

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    An Original , Turn of the century Philippine Bolo.
    used by my Grandfather during WW2 , when he was a member of the Philippine Scouts.

i was going to have you post a pic of that!! beat me to it.. :D:thumbsup:

but for you to use it to hack chickens head.. DATS WROOOOOOOOOOONG! ;)

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    i was going to have you post a pic of that!! beat me to it.. :D:thumbsup:

but for you to use it to hack chickens head.. DATS WROOOOOOOOOOONG! ;)

My Gramps used it to cut up chicken to smaller pieces and tend to his garden when I was a Kid. That man, made the best Chicken adobo on this side of the planet. It is still in good shape after all these years... BTW, I just put it inside my gunsafe.

BadShot25

Oct 9, 2008
    I brought back a Beinte Nueve balisong from Batangas about 10 years ago. It had a Damascus /carbon steel blade , water buffalo handles and a brass frame.It also passed the coin stab test. Darn customs people confiscated it in New York.
    Did they give you a reason why they were confiscating it?

I've brought back many edged weapons from the Philippines and even declared all of them on the customs forms without an issue.

Attachments

• IMG_1374.JPG
      IMG_1374.JPG
      36.7 KB · Views: 113
    • IMG_1381.jpg
      IMG_1381.jpg
      25.2 KB · Views: 118
    • IMG_1382.JPG
      IMG_1382.JPG
      38.2 KB · Views: 117

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    Some of those techniques looked a lot like Wing Chun butterfly swords. That's probably what Bruce Lee used in the clip from Enter the Dragon in the first video from the OP, cause he studied Wing Chun for many years before coming to the US and developing Jeet Kun Do

Just guys practicing the form, but you'll see what I mean.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Punch.. Bruce lee learn from his trusted friend Dan inosanto which is all Kali/arnis style. Bust most of his style is win chun

BadShot25

Oct 9, 2008
    Carlos Patalinghug at Kick Connection in Pasadena teaches eskrima. Here's a video of his brother (a priest) and him with his students. This was taken in towson.

Here's a little exhibition down at arundel mills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom