• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I'm looking for a Ruger Blackhawk (not interested in a Redhawk) in 44Rem Magnum or 454 Casull and became pretty disheartened looking at the roster.

Something like this is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for:

RUGER SUPER BLACKHAWK BISLEY 454 CASULL
    https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUKRBS-4-454

However, when I look at the roster, it gets very confusing. They have a listing for Bisley and for Super Blackhawk. The former has no model numbers, whereas the latter has very specific models (which I'm not interested in). To make it even more confusing, they have a Blackhawk listing as well.

Model: New Model Bisley
    Model Number: N/A
    Caliber: 22, 32, 357, 41, 44, 45

Model: New Model Blackhawk
    Model Number: 0306, 0308, 0309, 0316, 0318, 0319, 0353, 0405, 0406, 0445, 0446, 0455, 0456, 0459, 0463, 0465, 0472, 0595, 5233, 5241, 5245, 6110, N/A
    Caliber: 30, 3220, 327, 357, 3840, 41, 44, 4440, 45, 9

Model: New Model Super Blackhawk
    Model Number: Hunter (KS-417NHB), Hunter (KS-457NHB), New Model Super Blackhawk
    Caliber: 41, 44, 45, 454, 480

Am I going to be able to get what I'm looking for without buying a Freedom Arms or BFR ($$$) or finding an IP who will submit a gun to the roster (not even sure if that's an option - I'm looking for something to take on a trip out west during the summer)? Are there any IP's with a good selection of SA's?

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I've gone through this already. The MSP is actually a bit flexible about these things. Order the gun you want, and your dealer will call them. If it's more or less the same as an existing model, they'll just confirm the info and add it to the list. Ruger has a ton of different model variations that each have a different model number, You don't have to submit it again, although it will take a week or two extra to get the paperwork caught up.

There's really only a couple Ruger models, but a ton of variations like convertible calibers, Bisley grip, blue vs stainless, barrel length, etc.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I've gone through something similar. The model and caliber needs to be on the roster. The model numbers can and do change, sometimes each year, for the same gun.

Looking at the list, the s New Model Super Blackhawk in 454 is on the roster. I think you should be GTG.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    The one you are looking for is on the roster. 454 Super Blackhawk.
    That is the only model of single action that Ruger chambers for the 454, so that's it.

The gun you want has these words on the side:

Ruger 454 Casull
    New Model Super Blackhawk

The Bisley name Ruger uses denotes the different grip frame, hammer, and trigger it uses on these models. Most Bisely models don't actually have the word "Bisley" on it. Only the rollmarked cylinder models do. You're GTG.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Depends on the dealer. As noted above MDSP has been "informally" understanding of the large number of models related to a specific type, noting that manufacturers like Ruger will put out many many models with the same general type and it isn't feasible to submit each to the board. Some dealers will transfer the gun as long as it fits a type (e.g., Blackhawk 6") others will dig in for the specific model number.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    In my experience with my FFL (YMMV) the sku has to match and be on roster. Quick phone call to the woman in charge of the handgun roster can clear the air.
    Most of those blackhawks are already on there but if not specifically listed can usually be added to the roster without a petition in about a week if a model (virtually the same) already exist on there

Boneuphtoner

Feb 8, 2016
    MoCo
    The crazy thing about the Handgun roster is some models like the Ruger Redhawk have no specific SKUs shown (so all of the new models that have been released are included) whereas others like the Ruger GP100 must have the SKU listed...I picked up one of the new Lipsey's 5 inch half lug blued models, and it took nearly a month and a half to get it added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom