Woodbine

Attachments

• 11D01B33-C5E9-4C69-86AF-9D9D7EAA4EEB.jpg
      11D01B33-C5E9-4C69-86AF-9D9D7EAA4EEB.jpg
      26.5 KB · Views: 2,510

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Actually kinda dig it. See no reason to get rid of my American for it but again I kinda dig it

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I like it but if I buy another .22, the brand will start with a “C” and end with a “Z”.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    They should have made the barrels swappable with the 10/22 as well, and made it to fit AR grips and stocks.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I’ve got the rpr in 556 and love it. This is an awesome looking rifle. And it comes with a threaded barrel. I wonder what the street prices will be?

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Just got the Ruger email myself. Damn them, didn’t know I needed a precision .22 LR, until now. I have the RPR (Gen I) in .308, absolutely love it. Gonna keep my eye on this thread and the online reviews, I like the idea so far.

Having no personal experience with rimfire “precision” shooting, is that common to have a 30 MOA rail for a rimfire? My .308 has a 20 MOA rail, curious if the rimfire has a 30 because they need more elevating adjustments to dial out to a relatively similar distance that a .308 can get simply by ballistics?

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    You’ll have a VERY good day to hit a target with .22lr over 250 yards. Look up the threads from Ed Shell’s class. 22 is great because it’s cheap practice and you can get good wind effects and lots of drop at 100-200 yards. Having the same form factor as a precision competition rifle let’s you ‘train the way you fight’ so to speak. I’ve got a McRees chassis for my 700 and have to spend >$650 for the same chassis for my 22lr. Now that I have an RPR, I can get into an entire rimfire rig for less than the chassis. Same grip, same LOP, same trigger. Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    You’ll have a VERY good day to hit a target with .22lr over 250 yards. Look up the threads from Ed Shell’s class. 22 is great because it’s cheap practice and you can get good wind effects and lots of drop at 100-200 yards. Having the same form factor as a precision competition rifle let’s you ‘train the way you fight’ so to speak. I’ve got a McRees chassis for my 700 and have to spend >$650 for the same chassis for my 22lr. Now that I have an RPR, I can get into an entire rimfire rig for less than the chassis. Same grip, same LOP, same trigger. Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are there precision rimfire shoots in the area? I shoot mostly at Hap Baker in Westminster, & can go to 200 yds but never have stretched my three .22’s out past 100. I setup a Savage .17 HMR and plan to finally break it in soon, definitely out to 200, but didn’t think a .22 would be up to the task, .22Mag or Cheetah maybe. This could be pretty exciting really, and just add to an already growing obsession...

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Are there precision rimfire shoots in the area? I shoot mostly at Hap Baker in Westminster, & can go to 200 yds but never have stretched my three .22’s out past 100. I setup a Savage .17 HMR and plan to finally break it in soon, definitely out to 200, but didn’t think a .22 would be up to the task, .22Mag or Cheetah maybe. This could be pretty exciting really, and just add to an already growing obsession...

Peacemaker has them from time to time.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Just saw a thread here that Mayberry is having one soon. 20 min from me, that’s cool. May have to at least check it out if I can’t shoot it. A good buddy of mine is a member there too. Thanks for the tip, I think... (now I have to get an RPR-R).

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Damascus

Peacemaker will have 5 matches in 2018 from 10-300 yards.

Here is a link if you do FB https://www.facebook.com/eleypracticalrimfirechallenge/
    also at
    http://peacemakernational.com/

Yoshi is starting up a series at Mayberry with the first one in Feb. That match is full currently.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=217747

There is also NRL22.org matches starting up. Right now the closest is PA with a potential in VA.

A 20 MOA rail can get you out to 300 with the right scope. The 30 MOA rail gives you more wiggle room.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wonder what the price point will be. $600 would be really appealing. More than $800, and I'd save more money to get a trainer in a centerfire caliber.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Wonder what the price point will be. $600 would be really appealing. More than $800, and I'd save more money to get a trainer in a centerfire caliber.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MSRP is $529.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom