• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    You could post the stores name and confirm they offered you nothing to make it right, maybe a few more people will take their business elsewhere.

True, but then again, it could bite me in the a$$ also. I think at this point, I will wait.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Haven't picked them up yet, but two more stamps came in today. Mack Bros Vapor and a Q Thunder Chicken.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Picked up that Thunder Chicken today . . . And shot it. I really like it. Well thought out can. I love how easy it is to use a torque wrench to get it on to the same spec every time. Bearing in mind I only used it on a .308 bolt gun, it was very quiet. Every detail on Q products is well thought out, and the thought put into it shows. Very quiet suppressor with a pleasing tone. It is hard to judge back pressure on a bolt gun but it seems like it'll be fine. I'll let you guys know when I have a chance to use it on a semi auto rifle or two in the near future.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Got a email from Arsenal Attorneys. Guess we will see??.

NFA Tax Stamps
    in 90 Days or Less?

Neither the White House nor senior GOP leaders in Congress gave silencer deregulation the support needed to succeed, and, more recently, the President has appeared to set a disturbing precedent in banning bump fire stocks; however, the Trump Administration appears to be making up for these lapses by pledging to reduce the processing time for NFA firearms transfers to 90 days or less. To that end, ATF will receive $13.2 million in the proposed FY 2019 budget and 25 more positions for the NFA branch.

Ironically, this increase in resources could come just as ATF's workload decreases. There had been an enormous backlog of NFA registrations because of the vast quantity of NFA applications submitted prior to July 13, 2016, the effective date of the Obama Administration's 41F changes.

To put this workload into perspective, from 2006 to 2016, the number of NFA forms processed increased by 813 percent, but in 2016 alone, the number of NFA items jumped from 1.4 million to 2.5 million--a whopping 78 percent increase in just that single year. In the current fiscal year and the next, ATF budgets have grown following the steady annual increases in NFA applications.

Yet, ATF will soon reduce its NFA workload due to several factors. First, the 2016 backload will soon be completed. Second, the number of new NFA applications submitted will be decrease. And, third, ATF will presumably have more money and manpower to complete a smaller workload. Thus, we should soon see faster NFA transfer times.

What's the bottom line? It leads us to the conclusion we've shared here before. Faster NFA processing times could lead to increased demand for NFA firearms. Thus, you'll want to take advantage of current prices before the supply could tighten and make prices rise and processing times lengthen once again.

pitbull

Jan 23, 2013
    True, but then again, it could bite me in the a$$ also. I think at this point, I will wait.

Probably the same one that did this same thing to me a FOUR of my friends that I brought there. Every single one of mine were delayed MONTHS by them not submitting them. The one suppressor was submitted with the worng serial number. Never again... Not one more dime.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Two new stamps arrived yesterday for a pair of suppressors as Individual.

Check cashed 9/26/17
    Stamp received: 4/26/18

Los

Jan 13, 2013
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Probably the same one that did this same thing to me a FOUR of my friends that I brought there. Every single one of mine were delayed MONTHS by them not submitting them. The one suppressor was submitted with the worng serial number. Never again... Not one more dime.

This really is unacceptable. It's a symptom of someone who simply doesn't care about his customers. If it was something that mattered to them, say depositing a check from you - it would find it's way to the mailbox. One has to wonder what other corners are cut by that store...

Here's why I think you should out them:

1) to warn the rest of us; and

2) to help provide incentive for shops to submit their paperwork in a timely manner.

This is how the market works and the market works better the more information is shared between market participants.

I get the reluctance to name and shame someone who still hasn't finished handling your deal. How about giving the company's initials? It wont come up with a search and only people watching wait times will see it.

Good luck and keep exercising your 2nd Amendment rights! We need more people loading up on NFA items. The wait will be worth it.

As an aside, I'm struggling with with the BATFE's excuse about their back end not being able to handle e-form Form 4s because of the transaction volume. WTF? Even if we assumed everyone submitted their paperwork online, 2.5 million transactions/year is NOTHING for even the worst computers. That works out to less than one transaction every twelve seconds!!!! My phone could handle 1000x that transaction volume without breaking a sweat! There's only a couple dozen fields of data and there's no way any computer bought in the last few decades couldn't handle that work load. If any CS guys want to disagree, I'd love to get schooled because this makes no sense at all to me.

/rant off

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Just did a Form4 for a suppressor through Silencer Shop kiosk as individual. Hopefully everything is done and now all I have to do is wait. Will double check with shop I went through to make sure.

Got/Getting a Bowers Group BITTY. Hopefully before X-Mas.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    A bump to wake this thread up. Hopefully ATF is getting faster at getting these processed.
    Pretty consistent for me so far, minus the lost stamp for my Griffin Optimus that I haven't dealt with yet. I got a stamp back for my Liberty Cosmic a couple weeks ago, but am out of town until tomorrow. May pick it up on my way home.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pretty consistent for me so far, minus the lost stamp for my Griffin Optimus that I haven't dealt with yet. I got a stamp back for my Liberty Cosmic a couple weeks ago, but am out of town until tomorrow. May pick it up on my way home.

How many months are they running you now?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    How many months are they running you now?
    Minus the one with the lost stamp, purchase to stamp received on a form 4 trust have all been 195-210 days. Check cashed to stamp received has been pretty consistent at 180-185 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom