• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    People got the word with that last pistol they put out, and then had to recall. Why do that to yourself when there's so many other choices that are decent? Time and ammo aren't free, and there's very little that's more frustrating than a new gun that isn't right.

Agreed.

The Remington brand is dying...

Seems to be a slow painful death.

**The big "R" on the grip just kills it for me.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Never mind that it looks atrocious, and literally everybody has already built a striker-fired polymer framed pistol.

At least the R1 (?) had cool lines. There's not many good-looking double-action steel autos except for Beretta, and good-looking is sort of a stretch for a 92. Maybe I need to hunt down a CZ to handle in person. I've got nothing against polymer, exactly, (got plenty of Glocks since they do go bang) but I do like steel.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    The 45acp version supposedly will have 15+1 capacity. Could be interesting given the low price. But yeah, it is ugly. Like a PPQ slide on an M&P frame.

15+1 45ACP sounds good for open carry/night stand gun.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I have to go on YouTube and see if these things work. For 250 buck's.......

BtdclFK.gif

milwriter

Oct 21, 2013
    Bethesda
    I went to a launch event with Remington a year ago with this and I jokingly called it the "Remington American Pistol"...looks just like the Ruger...they sent me one and for now my recommendation would be to veer off...many function problems (failure to feed, failure to extract, failure to fully go in battery) with hundreds of rounds on multiple brands of ammo. Maybe it's because I got a first run gun, but I'm sending it back...

lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    Rp9 is a winner....not a turd.

I finally got my Rp9 to the range today. I put about 300 rounds through it with cheap steel case Tula ammo. The accuracy was above average. My range buddy was also impressed with how well it shot. The down side is the cheap quality of the magazines. The one malfunction I had was magazine related, a nose dive. I also think the slide is very heavy but some may prefer it. Thumbs up. :party29:

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    after watching the review above and without seeing any other reports...I dont see why this gun gets so much hate. It has looks to me and if its going for 250 bucks, thats not too bad of a deal. Seemed to function well in the video as well too. Just my opinion

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Big R has a terrible track record with new design handguns. Ymmv. If you got a good one, great. I wouldn't trust it in the long run. It doesn't break any new ground. Actually seems stale and devoid of anything interesting. Low price is the only thing. And ,IMO, says nothing good.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks for the link. I have plenty of the 18 round mags. I wish they had MecGar make them like Walther does. I would have paid a few dollars more for the quality.

I don't know about the ones that came with the gun, but these are as good as the Mecgars I have for my Para, which they also fit.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Glock did make plastic striker fired pistols reality. They haven't done anything to raise the bar, they don't need to. I won't say I'll never buy a Glock, but can say that about Remington pistols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom