• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Epic skewering.. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10219067145370214&set=a.1137148669575&type=3&theater

Rich%2BLiberals.jpg

h/t:http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/

Bloomberg and Shannon Watts are the epitome of limousine liberal privilege.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Some shitbag was on this morning saying the 2nd Amendment was put in to quell slave revolts , so it's racist and needs to be abolished

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Sounds like your morning commentator has it 180 degrees off. It is quite the opposite.... many gun RESTRICTIONS trace their roots back to efforts to keep guns out of the hands of freed slaves. Gun control is racist... and misogynistic... and not to mention just plain anti-freedom.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Sounds like your morning commentator has it 180 degrees off. It is quite the opposite.... many gun RESTRICTIONS trace their roots back to efforts to keep guns out of the hands of freed slaves. Gun control is racist... and misogynistic... and not to mention just plain anti-freedom.

from Watson v. Stone, 4 So.2d 700, 703 (Fla. 1941). https://www.nraila.org/heller/proamicusbriefs/07-290_amicus_gc.pdf

I know something of the history of this legislation. The original Act of 1893 was passed when there was a great influx of negro laborers in this State drawn here for the purpose of working in turpentine and lumber camps. The same condition existed when the Act was amended in 1901 and the Act was passed for the purpose of disarming the negro laborers and to thereby reduce the unlawful homicides that were prevalent in turpentine and saw-mill camps and to give the white citizens in sparsely settled areas a better feeling of security. The statute was never intended to be applied to the white population and in practice has never been so applied.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Pretty much agree with that statement. The fees and training requirements(lack of accessible venues) of MD's 2013 FSA pretty much blocks "underserved communities of color" from legally purchasing a firearm even though those communities are the ones experiencing the most violence and other terrible issues like witness intimidation. It's exactly how the anti gun people want it.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    one thing I don't understand is, I know many black folks that own firearms, yet they all consistently vote for the democratic party that is trying to take their right away to have them.

I just don't get it.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    or: hate police, but want only the police to have guns. smh.

wants-more-govt-meme.jpg

Echoing the first post in this thread, there is a
    ridiculous claim that "all police agencies started out as slave patrols" so all police are racist .

Of course, modern policing was first organised by Sir Robert Peel in the 19th Century ("Peelers" and "Bobbies.")

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Most people are not single issue voters.

It IS unfortunate. OTOH, I AM a single issue voter and have been for years. IMHO, all the other nine original enumerated Rights are dependant on the Second. If you can't defend those rights, evil men will seek to eliminate them.

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    Most people are not single issue voters.

Unfortunately many African-Americans are...they vote based on race.

Hence the election of Barack Obama and the many career politicians in Baltimore City.

Anyone who can get 95% of the African American population to come out and vote or them in this key demographic will win. It's always enough to tip the election in a candidate's favor.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Not really the point, but sure. I’m just curious about the “most people” statement. Might be true. I’d just like to see the data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most polls ask people to rank issues (economy, healthcare, national security, gun rights,... https://news.gallup.com/poll/1675/most-important-problem.aspx). Few categories get more than 15%. Most often "the economy" gets the most important issue, but as you can see, even that gets 15% in Gallup survey. Guns/gun control gets 1%

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    When I drive around Baltimore and the state and see sign everywhere that say “Vote Democrat”and nothing else (not candidate name, no issue named), I believe there are a lot of single issue voters. You’re just defining the issues wrong. If the issue is “elect a Democrat” there are a ton of single issue voters. The polls you mention don’t sound like they looked at it that broadly, either. Don’t you see, in this state, THATS the only issue that matters?

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    When I drive around Baltimore and the state and see sign everywhere that say “Vote Democrat”and nothing else (not candidate name, no issue named), I believe there are a lot of single issue voters. You’re just defining the issues wrong. If the issue is “elect a Democrat” there are a ton of single issue voters. The polls you mention don’t sound like they looked at it that broadly, either. Don’t you see, in this state, THATS the only issue that matters?

When I see the vote Democrat signs, I sometimes think I should make some of my own signs. Like:

Vote Democrat, the Party of Slavery.

Vote Democrat, the Party of the KKK.

Vote For Your Democrat Overlords.

Vote Democrat then Pay Up and Shut Up.

You get my drift?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads