• youknowit

Aug 31, 2012
    Cecil Tuckey
    My friend has this-

"-W.M.D NIB coated(nickel iron boron) upper
    -NIB coated fail ZERO bolt carrier group
    -80% lower Palmetto standard trigger group
    -Ego grip
    -Magpul acs MIL-SPEC collapsible/adjustable stock and buffer tube w/ heavier weight to help cycle the bigger round
    -barrel is 16" with the carbine gas tube placement pretty sure its S.S.
    - UTG ULTRA PRO slim rail M-LOK which is 15" I believe
    -UTG pro red/green 1x optic

Oh and the barrel has the feed lugs specifically milled for 7.62 so there is ZERO operational jamming."

Can i legally possess this? Hes moving to California and wants to sell it but i don't even know if its legal to have... Im new to this style of weapon and the rules and regs that follow it.

Yes i searched but again i have no idea. :D

Also if it was legal to possess what do you think of the weapon?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I am assuming it's a direct impingement, 5.56 AR-clone when I say this. If it's not, ignore what I'm saying about legality.

If barrel is not advertised as or stamped "HBAR" or "heavy barrel", no, you can't legally possess it in MD because you would have obtained it after 1 October, 2013.

That upper doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard of. I wasn't aware it was metallurgically possible to NIB plate aluminum.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    is this a 7.62 AR? if so, then it would be legal for him to sell it to you (amusing you are not prohibited), although not advisable. 80%'s, although not illegal to sell, can put the original owner in the position of defending that the firearm was not made to be sold if someone decides they want to give you or your friend a hard time.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Was this built on an 80% lower? Is it a complete gun?
    If so, I believe he needs to engrave a serial number in it before selling it but I’m not 100% sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    If so, I believe he needs to engrave a serial number in it before selling it but I’m not 100% sure

IIRC for legal xfer it needs to be mark IAW 27 CFR 478.92(a) and 479.102(a) with S/N, model, caliber, and manufacturer data.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC for legal xfer it needs to be mark IAW 27 CFR 478.92(a) and 479.102(a) with S/N, model, caliber, and manufacturer data.

Any firearm made from an 80% for personal use, that is later sold, DOES NOT need to be marked with a serial number or any other information, per the ATF.

27 CFR 478.92(a) and 479.102(a) deal with licensed manufacturers and licensed importers, of which a person that makes a firearm for personal use, is not either.

youknowit

Aug 31, 2012
    Cecil Tuckey
    yes its 7.62x39. complete gun. Do i have to go to an FFL to buy it? I trust him and have known him for 20 years or so. I have a clearance and didnt want to risk anything with that part of my job.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    yes its 7.62x39. complete gun. Do i have to go to an FFL to buy it? I trust him and have known him for 20 years or so. I have a clearance and didnt want to risk anything with that part of my job.

No FFL required if you are both residents of the same state and barrel is 16"+

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom