• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I stopped by Bollingers Gunsmithing in Taneytown, MD today. Bobby said he had a 7.62x54r Vepr for sale for $900. He didn't have it at the shop today, but said he thought it was a 20" barrel, and has 1 mag.

Just thought I would mention in case anyone was looking. They are getting harder to find. I would have grabbed it but didn't have the funds. Call first before going up if you are interested.

(410) 756-5454

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I liked my Vepr 54r, but the magazine situation and my inability to reload precision rounds for it ultimately led me to sell it. Wound up getting out of 54r completely in the end. Bit of a shame, but I can only spread myself so thin. :)

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I got rid of mine too, and and soon as I sold my last 54r Vepr Csspec came out with their mags. I wasn't happy with the SGM 10rd mags or 5rd Molot mags. I got another 54r Vepr, and I am going to try the Csspec metal mags. I have a buddy who had a 20" 54r Vepr that was exceptionally accurate. Mine were 23", but the one I just got is a 20", so we'll see how it does.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    I got rid of mine too, and and soon as I sold my last 54r Vepr Csspec came out with their mags. I wasn't happy with the SGM 10rd mags or 5rd Molot mags. I got another 54r Vepr, and I am going to try the Csspec metal mags. I have a buddy who had a 20" 54r Vepr that was exceptionally accurate. Mine were 23", but the one I just got is a 20", so we'll see how it does.

The CSSpecs mags are fantastic, and the bolt modification took me 20 minutes with a hand file.

The 20" is a good gun, and a nice barrel length for that round, $900 is a solid price, too, especially considering what they're going for now.

Sirex