• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Wanted to vent a second.

So picked up a couple of boxes of Winchester Victory in .30-06 and a box in .45. Sure the wood boxes aren’t exactly super nice, but still neat and will look neat on a shelf in my gun room. The price at retailer isn’t even that bad. A few places had the .30-06 for $20 and some had the .45 for $16.

Maybe the carbine will be available for a more sane price, but I am seeing “coming soon” for $25 a box from Midway, so even if a few places have it less like $20...that’s still stupid expensive.

It is a TWENTY round box. Whether 20 round was period correct or some other amount was, I am spoiled and used to 50 round boxes of carbine ammo. And when I can find Fiocchi and PPU for $16-18 a box of 50...you are talking about a 3x markup.

I’ll probably still be a sucker and get one box because I want the box more than the ammo, but still annoyed. I haven’t had a chance to shoot the M2 ball yet, but reviews I’ve seen say it’s very consistent stuff. The .45 dunno, I don’t own a .45acp, but wanted the box (I intend to own a 1911 some day. So I’ve got ammo for it now :D)

But I’d kind of hoped I could buy more than one box. But not at $1+ per round for carbine ammo.

The 12ga also intrigued me. If it ends up being the same $20-25 a box I’ll probably also only get one box. But full length brass hulls really intrigues me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom