• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    It looks like my unemployment is about to run out soon, and I still don't have a job. I don't know what to do. I have applied for every job under the sun, have had interviews and no one seems to want me.

I am qualified, I am professional, all the stuff people seem to want.

They just don't want me.

I am tired of having phone interviews and being told that a face to face interview will be forthcoming and not hearing back. I am tired of calling back people only to get no response.

I am sick of hearing about the co-worker who got a job I had interviewed for.

I am sick of sitting around the house slowly going crazy and feeling like one of the dregs of society because I want to work, but no one wants to hire me.

I have done everything I can think of doing. I have networked, followed up, made calls, sent e-mails.

I'm tired. I am depressed beyond belief and I am in a funk that nothing seems to get me out of.

If it wasn't for my girls and my new found hobby, I would have nothing.

I'm panicking now because there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel.

I never seem to get a break. If "this is a test from God", then I am angry at him because I am always tested, but never get to reap the benefits.....

I just want a f*cking break. Please. I am tired of getting screwed while people cheat the system, f*ck off at work, etc seem to find and keep jobs.

It's getting harder to keep my chin up. In fact, it's now impossible. There just seems to be no end to this BS.

I'm still gonna read the forum, but I don't know how much I'll be posting. I just don't have the good humor anymore.

I keep getting strung along on these leads for jobs, and they never pan out.
    NOTHING seems to pan out for me. I seem to be the whipping boy for everyone.

I don't eat, and I don't sleep. I can't concentrate on anything tonight, and I am just a whirlwind of resentment, anger and depression.

I know it will pass.....right now, though, it really f*cking sucks.

I got outsourced. We got let go because we were too good, therefore too expensive.

I did my job well, and I got screwed. Every day, I see people at work chatting on their cell phones, surfing facebook, etc.....they still have jobs. I play by the rules and I get screwed.

It's just not fair.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I'm gonna look there....hopefully they offer pay that can keep me in my apartment :)

I have a few leads that haven't exhausted themselves yet.....just having a low moment tonight.

It'll pass.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    Not fair. No doubt.

Sun is going to rise, not today, not tomorrow, but soon enough.

Come out and shoot skeet, the whole night is on me, even the coffee.

When I get down, it is friends that lift me up.

Stay strong friend.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun

Attachments

• hanginthere.jpg
      hanginthere.jpg
      17.7 KB · Views: 682

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Not fair. No doubt.

Sun is going to rise, not today, not tomorrow, but soon enough.

Come out and shoot skeet, the whole night is on me, even the coffee.

When I get down, it is friends that lift me up.

Stay strong friend.

Thursday night? I think I'm free. I have shells, just don't have the $$ for the round(s).

I just might be up for it.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    August,

Keep the faith, brother. I'm in the same boat as you. Ask Canuck, he knows the story. Yes, each day is a challenge, but take it one step at a time. It is frustrating watching people cruise through life catching all the breaks, but the man upstairs finds a way to level the field. Keep at it, and you'll be rewarded. That's what I keep telling myself everytime I apply for a position, and I hope for the best. You have a great support group here at MDS, and
    we just gotta stick it out.

Keep the Faith,

Q

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    August,

Keep the faith, brother. I'm in the same boat as you. Ask Canuck, he knows the story. Yes, each day is a challenge, but take it one step at a time. It is frustrating watching people cruise through life catching all the breaks, but the man upstairs finds a way to level the field. Keep at it, and you'll be rewarded. That's what I keep telling myself everytime I apply for a position, and I hope for the best. You have a great support group here at MDS, and
    we just gotta stick it out.

Keep the Faith,

Q

As I had mentioned to a few others, I won't be homeless. I won't starve....my inlaws in NC said if the crap hits the fan, we can stay with them. I don't want to, because I don't want to be a burden to them. I don't want to,because as crappy as this little apartment is, it's been home for the last 8 years.

If I have to, I will. My inlaws live in a really nice place near the coast. The job situation is just as bad, if not worse there, but at least I'll have a roof over my head and food on the table.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Yup, what Q said. I'm in the same boat. Keep your chin up, stick around MdShooters. My sleep schedule is way off, every time I open E-Mail I wonder what it could bring, every time the phone rings.. drives you a little crazy. I know. I've been off for months with only a few callbacks for interviews and my unemployment is "up in the air" at the moment. What keeps me going is my family, they want me to be happy and I want them to be happy as well. That and coming here to hang out keeps me going. Good Luck...

EWO

AGC / Monumental Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Ellicott City MD
    Hang in there Joe. Keep an eye on that link I sent you, as it's changing all the time. And please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out if you spot something. :)

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I work in a restarurant, it sucks as far as pay and the number of hours....but I am working and I am happy even though I could be working an office job someday paying much more.
    Jobs are out there, but there might not be enough around good enough to live off of if you have to pay for current rent, utilities and such, but know it is likely that in MD it is much easier to find a "working poor" job to tide you by than it will be for a long time in the future in NC from what I hear.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Joe - I hope things improve. It is a very frustrating job situation. I have a friend who got laid off in Annapolis and he's qualified, but nothing so far.

We're here for you.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    We're here for you Joe and I'm sorry it's going down like this. Been in a funk myself lately due to different issues so I understand the feeling. Remind me again what your profession is?

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Are you looking for work in what you have been trained (have experience in) or looking for something you would really like to do?

Could you get some training or cerification in something you would like to do, where you could work for yourself?

Hang in there it is always darkest before the dawn, and sometimes you find something when your not looking for it. It just kinda comes in from left field slaps you upside the head and then you wonder why you didn't think of this a long time ago.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    If you have a truck, i have the mowers and trailer, and i can get the insurance, spring is right around the corner. You''ll have to hustle your own contracts.

I've made to same offer to half a dozen people that have always turned me down.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    You're making 15 posts a day to this forum, are you making 15 employer calls a day? You've read xx gun books, how many job search books have you read since April 2009? You go to the range and shoot xx rounds; how many interview questions do you practice a day?

For every $10K of annual salary you make a year it takes about 2 months of searching (in a recession), if you've been working 8 hours a day 5 days a week at finding a job. Were you making more than $60K (answer this only for yourself, no one else needs to know)?

Is the job you had, a job that will be needed in the future?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Hang in there... things will get better. They always have a way of working out when you least expect it. It's hard not to give into pessimism when you feel like you've done everything possible, but the *last* thing you want to do now is get discouraged and stop giving it 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom