• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    If you ever doubted what a flintlock smoothbore can do, take a look at this.

Let me put it in perspective. A 95 will reliably win the World Championship. A 100...it's unprecedented. Like running a three-minute mile.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'm going to Hungary. I'd settle for shooting a 90 in the flint pistol match. That'll win the original division nicely. The best I've ever shot, in any event, is a 98.

That 100 is an absolutely gob-smacking score. It would win the repro division of the percussion target pistol match handily...for flintlock, it's a, "How in the world did he pull that off?" score.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    We fire 13 shots, the best 10 are the score. 25 meters for most pistol events. The center of the bullet hole must touch a scoring ring to get a higher score. At major matches, two targets are used.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Learn something new everyday.......pretty cool!!

They said he had a cheap pistol for that class.......what are they talking "cheap" if you had to guess?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Learn something new everyday.......pretty cool!!

They said he had a cheap pistol for that class.......what are they talking "cheap" if you had to guess?

Stefan’s pistol is a Pedersoli Charles Moore flintlock pistol, one of the cheapest competition grade guns for this discipline.

Which is this one:
    http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/sch...ore-charles-moore-target-flintlock-model.html

Dixie's price is $665.00
    http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=961

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    No, it's not insane. Challenging. A 200-year-old original will hold a 3-inch group at that range, if properly loaded. The real trick is the shooter - a flintlock is a post-graduate education in follow-through. Your technique has to be flawless, your focus on the sights maniacal.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Gorgeous gun. Me want. I've never been into black powder before but something like that could change my mind...

Attachments

• ernst3-1024x683.jpg
      ernst3-1024x683.jpg
      45.1 KB · Views: 188

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Yea that is a pretty gun. Those were incredible groups for a pistol at 25 meters. Then to find out that it's a smooth bore, that just takes it to a whole new level.

Horseman308

Jan 27, 2016
    No, it's not insane. Challenging. A 200-year-old original will hold a 3-inch group at that range, if properly loaded. The real trick is the shooter - a flintlock is a post-graduate education in follow-through. Your technique has to be flawless, your focus on the sights maniacal.
    Absolutely. If you can shoot a flintlock accurately & consistently, you can shoot anything.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom