How much documentation to send with wear & carry application?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I've got a question...how much supporting info to send in with my wear & carry? I'm arguing the combination of:
    a. Work on a high-visibility weapons system (type omitted in this post)
    b. High security clearance.
    c. Publicly associated with this type of weapons system (20 years worth of professional papers)
    d. OPM data breach

What supporting documents are appropriate?

And is MSP accepting extension sheets to the Wear & Carry application? My full justification doesn't fit in the space provided.

Thanks.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    You can just put "See attached".

Or, you can put 'Self Defense and all Lawful Purposes", let them figure out if they think you're worthy. I've done it successfully both ways. Tons of documentation and almost zero.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    I'll let you know by the end of April....that's when my case will be closed and speaking of...I contacted the Governor's office about my wear and carry and also to complain about the College Park MSP barracks and the bad shape its in. All they did was forwarded my email to MSP and they contacted me. All they told me was the interviewer makes the decision and if you dont agree, you can then take it to the board or MSP command staff, which is different than what my interviewer said....

But your ABC, I wouldn't worry about it. They would call your boss and talked with them about it and the D part, my interviewer said that millions were affected, so what is different than you? I told him that they hack my clearance not just my personnel record and the connections that I have makes me more vulnerable esp in this anti gov/anti law enforcement. They (he) really wanted me to show/tell him what makes me needing the permit vs everybody else.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    So if everybody's at risk, nobody's at risk. That's circular logic.

Perhaps have them submit justification for retired MSP carry permits. See if they can follow their own rules on themselves. I volunteer to do the interview.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So if everybody's at risk, nobody's at risk. That's circular logic.

Perhaps have them submit justification for retired MSP carry permits. See if they can follow their own rules on themselves. I volunteer to do the interview.
    Oh, you walk your dog in a somewhat dangerous neighborhood (your own)? This is an easy one, just load fluffy up and walk him/her somewhere else!

MSP double as life coaches and problem solvers if need be,... just loo st how simple THAT solution was!

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    I want to add that considering B, bare in mind most levels of security clearance, it's not something your suposed to tell people about. Best practice is to keep a secret clearance secret.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Oh, you walk your dog in a somewhat dangerous neighborhood (your own)? This is an easy one, just load fluffy up and walk him/her somewhere else!

MSP double as life coaches and problem solvers if need be,... just loo st how simple THAT solution was!

Next time MSP will put a dog walking restriction on the permit. Teacup dogs will be all the rage, keep one handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom