• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    New bill was filed and was quickly pushed through by a House committee http://www.postandcourier.com/polit...cle_0ba38834-04d4-11e7-ba0f-93ca2f601dfd.html
    Looks like a incredible bill and if it gets through is a YUGE win. It's CC and OC, doesn't look to have a residency requirement, and even if it does it also contains a universal permit recognition provision.
    Bill is here: http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess122_2017-2018/bills/3930.htm

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Awesome, Have family in SC, and visit Myrtle beach from time to time, their ridiculous carry law and lack of reciprocity was weird for an otherwise pro-gun "red" state. With a PA resident and FL non-res permit, the only legal option is "glovebox carry", which keeps it out of reach when it's likely to be needed, and encourages theft and firearms ending up with criminals.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    On road trips to FL, SC is the only state where you must move your CCW to the glovebox or console.

passage would be yuge.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    A friend and former coworker is originally from SC and wanted to carry there while visiting family. She'll enjoy this good news as much as the rest of us.

Becoming more and more obvious everyday that Maryland is backward minded when it comes to issues like self-defense, dealing with crime, taxation, and how it treates businesses.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Hogan has done a lot to turn this around, even in the face of overwhelming opposition and taking flak for not doing even more from our own side. If we could just oust a few career politicians in Maryland; great things could happen.

Vote out the bums in the Democrat only Primary election in 2018!

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Awesome! Bought a condo in myrtle beach last year and moving to SC in 3 yr.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I own a rental property there and I'm going to try and get my permit when I go down in May or June. I'm a veteran so I don't have to take the shooting part of the training,just the classroom stuff. I think I have a trainer that will do a one on one training so I don't have to go through the whole class. Those classes are usually held on a Saturday which is tough for me to schedule.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Still pending a full vote in the House but it now has 50 co-sponsors (124 total members in the House): http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess122_2017-2018/prever/3930_20170322.htm

Seems to be picking up a lot of momentum. I don't know how things are in the SC Senate, or if it could be blocked by a House speaker.

Edit: House speaker is now a co-sponsor of the bill, so it looks like it should get through the House unless there's a ton of defectors among the GOP ranks.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I own a rental property there and I'm going to try and get my permit when I go down in May or June. I'm a veteran so I don't have to take the shooting part of the training,just the classroom stuff. I think I have a trainer that will do a one on one training so I don't have to go through the whole class. Those classes are usually held on a Saturday which is tough for me to schedule.

Pretty cheap permit (50 bucks). Disabled veterans apparently don't have to pay the fee.

BurtonRW

Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    Fingers Crossed...

It would be really nice to have a clear path to Florida (after crossing the Potomac, of course).

Not going to hold my breath, but I certainly will cross my fingers!

-Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom