• Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Most law enforcement professionals have no problem with lawful concealed carry because they know that people who can carry lawfully very rarely get involved in illegal activities involving a firearm. But facts mean nothing to people whose primary motivation is "it's for the children."

A good example:

National concealed carry reciprocity would severely undermine state concealed carry licensing systems ... national concealed carry reciprocity would create potentially life-threatening situations for law enforcement officers.
    — Jim Johnson, Baltimore
    County, Maryland police chief

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Yeah, I wouldn't go as far as to say "most" leo support carry. I think the idea that THEY are the only "good guys" with guns is still the way a lot of them think.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Yeah, I wouldn't go as far as to say "most" leo support carry. I think the idea that THEY are the only "good guys" with guns is still the way a lot of them think.

I'm reminded of a Chinese proverb: "A trip of a thousand miles begins with one step." We continue to make progress, one step at a time.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Most law enforcement professionals have no problem with lawful concealed carry because they know that people who can carry lawfully very rarely get involved in illegal activities involving a firearm. But facts mean nothing to people whose primary motivation is "it's for the children."

I would disagree and say it's about 50% for and 50% against... and the numbers vary from state to state. A friend of mine called me last week and told me she was taken out of her car during a traffic stop when she told the officer that she had an unloaded handgun in the car on her way to her new apartment. She said she was taken out and placed in handcuffs and then allowed to go on her way. A lot of LEO's in the Northeast are not accustomed to law abiding citizens carrying or transporting guns.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I would disagree and say it's about 50% for and 50% against... and the numbers vary from state to state. A friend of mine called me last week and told me she was taken out of her car during a traffic stop when she told the officer that she had an unloaded handgun in the car on her way to her new apartment. She said she was taken out and placed in handcuffs and then allowed to go on her way. A lot of LEO's in the Northeast are not accustomed to law abiding citizens carrying or transporting guns.

It will be a matter of acculturation. As the movement gains ground, departments that fail to educate will get sued, which will get the attention of those in charge.

With 80% of the states on board so far, eventually freedom will be regained.

Of all the LE I've known current/retired,I would say 50/50 maybe more in our favor.But the quote below is something I've heard from one officer in particular a few times over the years.If he only said it to me that's one thing,but he says it to everyone that knows him (but he'll take up any opportunity to hunt with us as a guest :sad20:).I know hunting/CCW is apples/oranges but that's his thinking.

"The only safe gun, is the gun in which I have total control," cop buddy. He's an anti but I keep gaining ground here and there.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Quote:
    National concealed carry reciprocity would severely undermine state concealed carry licensing systems ... national concealed carry reciprocity would create potentially life-threatening situations for law enforcement officers.
    — Jim Johnson, Baltimore
    County, Maryland police chief

No Baltimore County Chief Jim. Those who carry concealed for the purpose of the use of a firearm with criminal intent aren't concerned with your's or any state's laws or reciprocity agreements. Zero concern yesterday. None today nor tomorrow. They're criminals. We aren't. That's the distinction. Not a thing changes, except to begin the long overdue process of leveling the playing field.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013

In my experience, the vast majority of Police who actually work the streets support concealed/open carry by private citizens. High ranking commanders are a different matter. Once you reach a certain rank in the hierarchy you become a politician with a badge. Chief Johnson is Baltimore County is a prime example.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    "The only safe gun, is the gun in which I have total control," cop buddy. He's an anti but I keep gaining ground here and there.

That's some scary shi* right there.

When the word comes down, he and those like him will be more than happy to carry out their orders.

Same holds true for the Antis in the Military.

cad68m_m

Member MSI, SAF, NRA
    Nov 26, 2011
    Calvert
    In my experience, the vast majority of Police who actually work the streets support concealed/open carry by private citizens. High ranking commanders are a different matter. To reach a certain rank in the hierarchy most become a politician with a badge. Chief Johnson is Baltimore County is a prime example.

FIFY

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    It's great that Comey, or any LEO, is OK with it...but if it's a constitutional right it shouldn't matter what anyone thinks.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It's great that Comey, or any LEO, is OK with it...but if it's a constitutional right it shouldn't matter what anyone thinks.

You're right. However, when those charged with maintaining public safety saw it's not a danger, excuses used against carry become more and more scarce.

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky

I do not know where you have obtained your information. The fact is most LEO's that are rank and file support carry by citizens. Even some appointed LEO's do as well, but are told to remain silent on the issue or find another employer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom