• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I guess she was increasingly uncomfortable in the Midwest. Denver is like the LA of CO. She'll fit in just fine there. I hope she gets eaten by a bear.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Boulder is the liberal fruitcake power base of Colorado. She will fit right in there. I avoid that place like the plague.

I love Colorado. We've been there 3x in last two years for vacation and I used to get there 3 or 4 times a year for business. Great every where I went and then there's Boulder...looney tunes.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I love Colorado. We've been there 3x in last two years for vacation and I used to get there 3 or 4 times a year for business. Great every where I went and then there's Boulder...looney tunes.

I always like to point out how in my neighborhood in SW Denver, at the 4 way stop by my house there is a stop sign at each street. In Boulder, a 4 way stop has about 87 signs around it. Beginning with the "Stop ahead" signs, you have flashing red lights on the stop signs, signs for a bike lane in the road with stop ahead and stop signs for it, amber "ped x-ing" signs and arrows pointing down to the crosswalks, signs on the sidewalks that say "cross here" and have arrows pointing at the crosswalks, "crosswalk ahead" signs before the intersection, etc., etc., etc. It is absolutely ridiculous. I go to Boulder about once a year but I will have to get some pictures the next time I go up there.

In Boulder county it is illegal to carry any kind of pocket knife at all. The rest of the state has a 3 1/2" blade limit (fixed or folding) for concealed and no limit for open carry of knives. The state just legalized auto-opening knives for carry (switch blades) to take effect in August.

There is a show on TV called "Rocky Mountain Law" where they follow around cops in Colorado, most of them in Eagle County with Aspen and Vail. There was one episode where the cops were in Boulder County and were looking for suspects for something or other. They had calls from concerned citizens about men camping by a river so they went to investigate. They were normal guys like you or I, camping and fishing. They had an AR that they were doing target shooting with. The Boulderites called the police because of the AR. I'll never forget the cops talked to the guys, saw they were doing nothing wrong, and told them "Be careful when you shoot your AR. This is Boulder County and things are different here."

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I always like to point out how in my neighborhood in SW Denver, at the 4 way stop by my house there is a stop sign at each street. In Boulder, a 4 way stop has about 87 signs around it. Beginning with the "Stop ahead" signs, you have flashing red lights on the stop signs, signs for a bike lane in the road with stop ahead and stop signs for it, amber "ped x-ing" signs and arrows pointing down to the crosswalks, signs on the sidewalks that say "cross here" and have arrows pointing at the crosswalks, "crosswalk ahead" signs before the intersection, etc., etc., etc. It is absolutely ridiculous. I go to Boulder about once a year but I will have to get some pictures the next time I go up there.

In Boulder county it is illegal to carry any kind of pocket knife at all. The rest of the state has a 3 1/2" blade limit (fixed or folding) for concealed and no limit for open carry of knives. The state just legalized auto-opening knives for carry (switch blades) to take effect in August.

There is a show on TV called "Rocky Mountain Law" where they follow around cops in Colorado, most of them in Eagle County with Aspen and Vail. There was one episode where the cops were in Boulder County and were looking for suspects for something or other. They had calls from concerned citizens about men camping by a river so they went to investigate. They were normal guys like you or I, camping and fishing. They had an AR that they were doing target shooting with. The Boulderites called the police because of the AR. I'll never forget the cops talked to the guys, saw they were doing nothing wrong, and told them "Be careful when you shoot your AR. This is Boulder County and things are different here."

:sad20: We toss around the idea of buying some vacation property out there and then I hear stories like this...ugh.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Never forget that the Rocky Flats Plant is just a little way upstream. Maybe a self-solving problem in a couple of generations. :innocent0

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    :sad20: We toss around the idea of buying some vacation property out there and then I hear stories like this...ugh.

I got a great engineering education at The University of Colorado at Boulder, and lived there for four years. Sure, the place is full of hippies. That being said, it is phenomenally gorgeous. Don't let the hippies scare you off. If you get out there, hit up the Golden Buff for breakfast or brunch or grab one of the famous margaritas at The Rio for dinner.

I've got a lot of love for Boulder.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I got a great engineering education at The University of Colorado at Boulder, and lived there for four years. Sure, the place is full of hippies. That being said, it is phenomenally gorgeous. Don't let the hippies scare you off. If you get out there, hit up the Golden Buff for breakfast or brunch or grab one of the famous margaritas at The Rio for dinner.

I've got a lot of love for Boulder.

I agree it's definitely beautiful. My fear is we leave the lunacy of MD for a better looking asylum. Of course we could always go further west into the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    I agree it's definitely beautiful. My fear is we leave the lunacy of MD for a better looking asylum. Of course we could always go further west into the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to admit, you make a valid point.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Boulder, CO, is where some of the liberal people I knew from Silicon Valley moved to. These people were computer programmers who moved to Boulder because it got too expensive in Santa Clara, CA, and they could work from home writing software. I guess a lot of San Francisco liberals followed along and Boulder became the CO equivalent of San Francisco/Berkeley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom