• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reynolds25

Jan 18, 2012
    Rockville
    Hello All,

I am looking to book a Nilgai Hunt in Southern Texas this summer. I am not looking for a canned hunt. If anyone knows a good guide / outfitter down there can you please let me know.

I just spent way too much money on 5lbs of Nigai meat to see what all the hype is about before spending a small fortune on a hunt.

On another note if you know a good Elk guide out west please send them along as well.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Mostly high fence hunting. Like tho OP said, 'canned' hunt. Nothing wrong with that IMHO, as long as that is what you are expecting.

I'll give you the whole page. There are a few listings for southern Texas:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search...texas&fr2=sb-top&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002

I thought the host said the fences only corralled the cows (active farm), but the antelope easily jumped them? Either way, looks like fun. Probably too rich for my blood.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Comes down to semantics. The perjoritive sterotype of "canned hunt" is a critter standing in a small pen.

The better outfits in Texas have the high fences enclosing thousands of acres at a time. Its enough to keep the valuable Exotics from migrating to 3 counties away, but plenty of room and cover to be substantially similar to hunting them in native habitat.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Comes down to semantics. The perjoritive sterotype of "canned hunt" is a critter standing in a small pen.

The better outfits in Texas have the high fences enclosing thousands of acres at a time. Its enough to keep the valuable Exotics from migrating to 3 counties away, but plenty of room and cover to be substantially similar to hunting them in native habitat.

^^^This

reynolds25

Jan 18, 2012
    Rockville
    I guess 1000s of acres would be one thing. I went on a hog hunt that was on 200 acres that was penned in and it felt more like killing than hunting. I am guessing that based on the prices for the hunts and the amount of Texans I have spoken with that have never heard of them that they are not as prevalent as some of the videos make out. Let's see what this meat tastes like and then go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom