• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I sent a shield 45 back to SW. I think it arrived there on jan 16. Got a message it was delivered to the office today. That’s only one week, but i was not in the office today so i don’t know what was done. The problem reported to SW was it was ejecting mags and jamming and the slide wouldn’t lock back on an empty. Lightening service; hope its cured as i liked the pistol much until this problem began at about 1000 rds.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Note with gun said mags not ejecting and slide locking on empty mag. Gun, they said, is functional. I asked sw how it could be sure the gun is functional when they told me not to send my mags and they tested with theirs. Their rep was responsive and he made me think theyndid something but don’t disclose what and why. This may be the cynical lawyer coming out. I took it to the outdoor range today and ran about 175 hardball 230 gr thru it with both mags. No premature ejection problems. Slide failed to lock back about 10%. I tried to be very careful with hand placement. Maybe me? 3 times when i inserted a full mag, the locked back slide slammed into battery, loading a rd. That was disconcerting. I emailed sw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom