Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Comments and Suggestions
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old August 25th, 2019, 09:48 AM #11

Iím in Melbourne, and we have PMRPC for a range. . I still have my house in MD, and go back occasionally for business meetings. Usually it takes driving to work one time that makes me want to go back to Florida as soon as possible. We did go to the Guinness brewery, which was cool.
Living in or near a small city seems ideal. Large enough to have attractions and small enough for reasonable people to manage.

Sent from my iBunker using Tapatalk Pro
Old August 25th, 2019, 03:08 PM #12
Another day in Paradise

Another day in Paradise

Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club is a top notch operation but it’s a bit too organized for me and I don’t have free extra funds nor shoot that often to justify spending the money to join. I normal go to Flog-bones its only a 15 minute drive and for a Retired military $10 hour $1 targets, double tap next door is great place to eat after shooting, I checked out an outdoor range down the road about a hours drive Indian River Public Shooting Range, under $15 a day for rifle and Pistol, I was looking for a place to shoot my mil-surpl ammo, Now I’m retired I have to budget my entertainment dollars, the price of beer still hasn’t gone down.

"Honor the soldiers that sacrificed their lives in order for that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earthĒ Lead, Follow or get the Hell out the Way !
MAGA

Last edited by TexasBob; August 25th, 2019 at 08:10 PM.
TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2019, 04:05 PM #13
Scribe

Scribe

Florida has always been a mixed bag. But I will enjoy it starting on the 1st.
Matlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2019, 04:24 PM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead FLSTI View Post
I will be a Florida resident in about a month. We close on our house in MD in 1 week and then head to Florida to buy a new house. I can't wait to get the hell out of here.
We sold our house on August 7th and close on the new one in VA on Wednesday, assuming the VA people finally approve underwriting. Our VA appraiser apparently got heat stroke and thus didn't complete his appraisal report until the middle of last week, so we might be pushing things to the right a few days at the worst. I have verbal assurances from PenFed that we will be good to go on Wednesday, but I won't relax until we have closed.

At any rate the salient point is that we are out of MD and WILL have a beautiful home in VA in a few days. VA ain't perfect, but for the time being it is better than MD when it comes to gun laws. Not so much taxes though. Sadly.
fbi_surveillance_van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2019, 04:40 PM #15

Baltimorgue -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBob View Post
Florida got good and it got bad where you hang your hat has a lot to do with how you feel about the place, it wasn't luck I found a good part of the Space Coast, there areas here I wouldn't drive through just like Baltimorge.
Yeah, I agree Bob! I live just outside the city and Iím not going in there. I donít feel like running for cover or dodging bullets!
BrianinMd is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Comments and Suggestions