• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • airbornetrooper

Nov 9, 2017
    VA
    Greetings to all. I am new to the area and this is my first post on the board. I lucked into this M27 recently. I have never seen an SA on the stock of a Finnish Mosin-Nagant before and I thought it was interesting. I was wondering if anyone has another example where the Finns have done this? This mark looks almost to have been done by hand (a bored soldier?) rather than by an arsenal.

Attachments

• IMG_2225.jpg
      IMG_2225.jpg
      60.1 KB · Views: 258
    • IMG_2233.jpg
      IMG_2233.jpg
      135.6 KB · Views: 254
    • IMG_2234.jpg
      IMG_2234.jpg
      96.7 KB · Views: 228
    • IMG_2235.jpg
      IMG_2235.jpg
      99.7 KB · Views: 228

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    Welcome to the forum!

I've seen SA markings on other Finnish 3-line rifle accessories, specifically bayonets and slings. I had thought this denotes something to do with Suomi Armen, aka Finnish Army.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Nice M27! Wait for H2U to show up, he's my go-to guy for all things Finn. For my part the mark looks genuine, certainly vintage with the wear on the furniture. Not done by bubba on this side of the pond. I'm sure you've already seen the boxed SA up on Ted's site (great resource for Mosins, book mark this one).

airbornetrooper

Nov 9, 2017
    VA
    Welcome to the forum!

I've seen SA markings on other Finnish 3-line rifle accessories, specifically bayonets and slings. I had thought this denotes something to do with Suomi Armen, aka Finnish Army.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I've seen the SA marking on Finnish used Carcano bayonets, although I can't recall seeing it on M27, 28, M28/30, or M39 bayonets. There are of course a few rare M91/30 and M91 bayonets with the SA marking out there as well, although I've never owned one. The closest thing to that is a Civil Guard marked M91 bayonet I have.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Greetings to all. I am new to the area and this is my first post on the board. I lucked into this M27 recently. I have never seen an SA on the stock of a Finnish Mosin-Nagant before and I thought it was interesting. I was wondering if anyone has another example where the Finns have done this? This mark looks almost to have been done by hand (a bored soldier?) rather than by an arsenal.

nice find its on my wish list

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom