Is the holosun 510C all it’s cracked up to be?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Looking at these for a stribog or an ar-15 build. Seem to have a lot of features for the money and out eotech’s to shame lol.

Anyone have one they can post their experiences with ?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I guess it depends on what you're looking for. An LED red dot isn't the same thing as a holographic sight, but the reticles are similar. I believe the 510c is quite popular for PCC competitors. Otherwise it's going to have the typical upsides and downsides of any good quality open reflex red dot sight. I don't regret purchasing any of the Holosun optics I own, even though they are made in China. I'll always try to buy Chinese last, but Holosun is one of those companies I have a hard time boycotting entirely. Their optics are really good.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's probably the most popular competitive PCC optic out there right now. Mine has been rock solid

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    It's probably the most popular competitive PCC optic out there right now. Mine has been rock solid

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

+1

I like mine. Haven't had ANY issues with it.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    I guess it depends on what you're looking for. An LED red dot isn't the same thing as a holographic sight, but the reticles are similar. I believe the 510c is quite popular for PCC competitors. Otherwise it's going to have the typical upsides and downsides of any good quality open reflex red dot sight. I don't regret purchasing any of the Holosun optics I own, even though they are made in China. I'll always try to buy Chinese last, but Holosun is one of those companies I have a hard time boycotting entirely. Their optics are really good.

Agreed, I'll do my best to BUY US made products too. Had to return a Leupold Red Dot because of my vision. I really liked that site. I BOUGHT Holosun's 510 C Elite with their green reticle. If I ever get my brand new Ruger PC9 back from Ruger, I'll mount it on that:thumbsup:

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I have one mounted on my CZ Scorpion Carbine for PCC competitions. I use the larger 65 MOA circle for the targets (without the center red dot). Runs like a champ.

Attachments

• scorpcase.jpg
      scorpcase.jpg
      123.1 KB · Views: 960

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Agreed, I'll do my best to BUY US made products too. Had to return a Leupold Red Dot because of my vision. I really liked that site. I BOUGHT Holosun's 510 C Elite with their green reticle. If I ever get my brand new Ruger PC9 back from Ruger, I'll mount it on that:thumbsup:
    That's the rub, isn't it? We want to buy U.S. made, but even if cost is completely ignored, there aren't a lot of good competitors out there. Take the Micro Red Dots that typically get slide mounted on pistols: if you want an eotech style reticle, I don't believe there is a U.S. manufacturer available. Maybe someday I won't want that bullseye, so with the Holosun I just turn it off. But at least we've got the trijicon RMR/SRO and delta point pro in that category. For something a bit more suited to a rifle, we have very few good American options. Basically MRO, EOtech, MAYBE Sig (still pretty sure they are mostly using Holosun components) unproven red dots, or very expensive LPVOs.

At this point I try to avoid China if I can, but will buy Holosun if necessary.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Sweet. So the stribog makes a good mate for one of these. Thanks y’all
    You will be very happy with it on the Stribog. I'll probably put one on my Stribog A3 if/when those ever make it to the U.S. market.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    That's the rub, isn't it? We want to buy U.S. made, but even if cost is completely ignored, there aren't a lot of good competitors out there. Take the Micro Red Dots that typically get slide mounted on pistols: if you want an eotech style reticle, I don't believe there is a U.S. manufacturer available. Maybe someday I won't want that bullseye, so with the Holosun I just turn it off. But at least we've got the trijicon RMR/SRO and delta point pro in that category. For something a bit more suited to a rifle, we have very few good American options. Basically MRO, EOtech, MAYBE Sig (still pretty sure they are mostly using Holosun components) unproven red dots, or very expensive LPVOs.

At this point I try to avoid China if I can, but will buy Holosun if necessary.

I just bought a scope for my Kidd 10-22 and searched long and hard for something NOT chi-com built with decent reviews/history for $ 350.00 or so. I've had Leuplods,Bushnells and Vortexes. For the money, I've never had a scope that's as clear at 20 power at 100 ft, than my Sightron 4x20x50. Great warranty and made in the Philippines, NOT China! It takes some effort but we can usually find non-chi-com built stuff.

Attachments

• Resized_20200618_060830.jpg
      Resized_20200618_060830.jpg
      92.9 KB · Views: 276

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads