• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Next month I'm jumping into the NFA world and plan on buying a dead air wolverine and a dear sir sandman L maybe a silencerco omega, but my question is I'm stationed in MD for another year atleast, but would like to purchase in Texas at a local gun shop since I only have a year left that way when I go back they should be out of NFA jail hopefully. Is that ok?
    For me to purchase in another state that I'm not currently living in ?
    Thanks

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Are you active duty military?

What is your state of residence?

You can buy in the state you are stationed and the state you maintain as your state of residence.

If you are not yet a Texas resident, I am not sure you can purchase your cans there.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I was going to suggest the Silencer Shop and pick the dealer in you state of residence, but DA and SiCo kicked them to the curb and no longer sell them.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I was going to suggest the Silencer Shop and pick the dealer in you state of residence, but DA and SiCo kicked them to the curb and no longer sell them.

Seems kind of crazy as big and popular as silencer shop is.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Seems kind of crazy as big and popular as silencer shop is.

Yea I though that's nuts too. But is had something to do with them undercutting local dealers too much. I think the local dealers raised hell. I am not sure exactly. Someone will be along to correct me shorty. There was a thread here and a long thread over on arcom. It was a while ago.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Yea I though that's nuts too. But is had something to do with them undercutting local dealers too much. I think the local dealers raised hell. I am not sure exactly. Someone will be along to correct me shorty. There was a thread here and a long thread over on arcom. It was a while ago.

Yeah, they were selling below MAP, aiui.

Being that they're virtually the only online presence, they had a bit of a monopoly going on.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Im a resident of TX, so I should be good then?
    And yea and from talking to a guy in the industry he said exactly what Protege said, selling under MAP

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Once the July log jam gets cleared, approvals will be coming much faster. You will probably be approved in less than 6 months if you buy now.

Just something to consider.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Stupid question, theoretically. Since everyone was pissed about the law change, what do you think the number of submissions was post law change. For instance, if there were 15,000 submissions in July pre-law, how many do you think there were in August? And going forwards was there a subtle increase monthly moving further towards the current date?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Stupid question, theoretically. Since everyone was pissed about the law change, what do you think the number of submissions was post law change. For instance, if there were 15,000 submissions in July pre-law, how many do you think there were in August? And going forwards was there a subtle increase monthly moving further towards the current date?

Probably less than 1,000 in August and slowly ramping back up from then til now.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Im a resident of TX, so I should be good then?

In that case I would buy from Capitol Armory if I were you. Their pricing is generally pretty good, and for TX residents they will ship it right to your house after it clears if you don't live close enough to pick it up at their storefront.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

Since you mentioned it...

Just got the email today that silencershop is now selling for dead air again.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Just had my scar 17 out today with a AAC 7.62SD suppressor today, And WOW what a sweet shooting combo !!!!

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Once the July log jam gets cleared, approvals will be coming much faster. You will probably be approved in less than 6 months if you buy now.

Just something to consider.

July log jam? 6 months?
    I submitted my Form 4 last December and am still waiting. I don't think ATF is up to 6 months yet, still more like 10 months, or longer. Maybe Trump can fix this?

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    July log jam? 6 months?
    I submitted my Form 4 last December and am still waiting. I don't think ATF is up to 6 months yet, still more like 10 months, or longer. Maybe Trump can fix this?

I recall this being one of the many things Trump was gonna correct on Day One....:shrug:

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    How do you fix approximity 20000 + form 1s and formy 4s dumped into the NFA in 1 day last July? ?? That has to be several months worth. In a 24 hr period. They have modified how they now handle there forms. But in reality you let it take its path and be pacient. In a few months they will be down to a few months or less. It was like .22 after sandyhook.it took a while. But now things are getting closer to normal. It didn't happen overnight

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    July log jam? 6 months?

Less than 6 months for approval if you file for a stamp NOW. I am going to file a form 1 this week. I'll let you know.

Good luck on your Dec form 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom