• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have a couple lowers that I finally got the paperwork back on. They are in locked storage away fro home due to construction. One is stripped, the other is a complete non SBR rifle.
    My question is when should they be engraved? I don't have the SBR uppers yet. Should I get it done now or can I wait until I get the upper(s).

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Cant remember the first one. It was submitted in June. I would have to look it up. But the last one submitted on 7/4/16 and approved on 4/12/17. I just posted in the ATF wait time thread. It was 9 months 9 days for that one.

i had my lower engraved before my "short" upper went on. Better safe then sorry.

Yup. The lower needs to be engraved before adding the upper. Legally, it needs to be done before even test fitting in your basement. DO NOT take a SBR outside your house without the properly engraved markings.
    Personally, the day I ordered the upper, I took the lower to be engraved- I didn't want to tempt myself with the urge to "basement fiddle".

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If you have your stamp, there is no worry in taking your completed gun to the engraver. The stamp carries the serial number of that particular weapon. Just be sure to have your stamp with you. There is no intrinsic value of carrying both parts to the engraver, but I see no harm in it either.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I get my engraving done long before my stamp comes back. That way I am ready.

It also helps spread some of the expense out.

I bought a Colt lower and got it engraved before I left Engage with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom