Central Maryland Restaurant thread (show me pics of your food)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I've been there several times. Love that place.

My favorite hangout lately is Oscar's Alehouse in Eldersburg. Excellent bar with friendly staff. Really good food.

I used to love Oscar's but I REALLY liked the teriyaki chicken platter. They did away with that as a menu item and I can't really find something that I like as much.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    Unless they close for another day without immigrants. Too many day workers hanging out around the parking lot. Try Dempseys in Middletown, like a family diner.

it is owned by greeks and the food is excellent. everyone in that place works hard. they aren't going to miss your 9 dollars, may as well enjoy the chicken.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Avery's Maryland Grill where Jug Bridge Seafood used to be. Good burgers, crab soup, crab pretzel, wings, sammiches.
    Mexicali Cantina where Watson's used to be in Frederick.
    Lucky Corner for Vietnamese food in Frederick.
    Isabella's, Brewers Alley, Acacia in downtown for tapas, good food, and American cuisine.
    La Paz in downtown Frederick.
    Nido's in Frederick is decent.
    Chubby's in Emmitsburg for BBQ.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Which one of the Home Depots are you speaking of?

The one off the Golden Mile. Sardis is across the street from it on McCain. My wife likes Sardis, but I'm not into the place.

Frederick has a lot of good food options. For decent, filling food ... Family Meal, Monocacy Crossing, Wag's, Pistarro's, AKA Friscos, The Main Cup (Middletown), Firestones (although haven't been there in a while), Brewer's Alley (also haven't been there in a while and seemed to be getting more and more mediocre), Isabellas (tapas dishes), Roasthouse Pub (menu has become more limited, but great tap beer selection - chitty parking though), and Avery's (that DA introduced me to). Barley and Hops is nice and fits in this category, but maybe not up to the level of the ones listed above.

For fancier food or trendy places with hipsters often included ... The Tasting Room (I really like this place), Volt (nice experience, small portions), Cafe Nola (open pretty late), Ayse Meze (not too pricey - but fun as they do some things well). At one time, Dutch Daughter's might have made this list. I used to also like Hagen's Tavern (now gone).

For Asian, Summitra (Thai) or Padmini's Curry grill (more of an Indian home cooked style vs what folks are used to in this area, which places like Clay Oven do pretty well). Sushi isn't worth it here.

For burgers, Beef N Buns N Paradise, Rex's, and chain places (like Smash Burger, Glory Days, etc).

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Avery's Maryland Grill where Jug Bridge Seafood used to be. Good burgers, crab soup, crab pretzel, wings, sammiches.
    Mexicali Cantina where Watson's used to be in Frederick.
    Lucky Corner for Vietnamese food in Frederick.
    Isabella's, Brewers Alley, Acacia in downtown for tapas, good food, and American cuisine.
    La Paz in downtown Frederick.
    Nido's in Frederick is decent.
    Chubby's in Emmitsburg for BBQ.

Yes, Avery's was good. :thumbsup:

In the downtown list, I felt that Acacia has been declining for years, but maybe they've upped their game.

Mexicali I find so-so. I think there are better Mexican food places in Rockville/Gaithersburg and some really amazing ones (expensive and inexpensive) in DC.

I eat at Lucky Corner for lunch at times. It's not bad.

Agree re Chubby's. :thumbsup: Won't go out of my way for it, but I've had decent food there when I've stopped. I like the beer out of bell jars as well.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Yes, Avery's was good. :thumbsup:

In the downtown list, I felt that Acacia has been declining for years, but maybe they've upped their game.

Mexicali I find so-so. I think there are better Mexican food places in Rockville/Gaithersburg and some really amazing ones (expensive and inexpensive) in DC.

I eat at Lucky Corner for lunch at times. It's not bad.

Agree re Chubby's. :thumbsup: Won't go out of my way for it, but I've had decent food there when I've stopped. I like the beer out of bell jars as well.

Avery's is awesome because of how close it is. I know, I'm lazy, but with good food that close, I can't say no.

The last time I was in Acacia was years ago, so I don't have any current knowledge.

Las I ate a Lucky Corner was before they opened up the place on 85. I ate at the original place at 7th and Market.

I won't drive up to Chubby's on a whim, but If I'm in the area, I'll hit Ott House for a burger and then bring back dinner from Chubby's.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm interested in your report. I thought Wilcoms Inn was simply a bar. It's a shame the race track closed.

You got it. The menu looks pretty good and it comes highly recommended from a co-worker. I didn't know that 75/80 closed until today when he told me about this restaurant and we were talking about the Monrovia area, lol.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Try the Fried Chicken at Green Valley Carry Out, it's about a mile East of Wilcom's on Rt. 80.

Was just near there checking out the local stuff. Is the pool hall any good? Been looking for a place to shoot pool.

Attachments

• IMG_7989.jpg
      IMG_7989.jpg
      52.3 KB · Views: 272

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    75/80

That place is under new management and all reports is that it kicks ass. Busy all the time. Morgan's in New Market was so so years ago. Ate there two weeks ago and it was good. Will go back.
    A bbq, Pig in a Poke, on 140 towards Finksburg gave you a huge portion. Good stuff.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Avery's is awesome because of how close it is. I know, I'm lazy, but with good food that close, I can't say no.

The last time I was in Acacia was years ago, so I don't have any current knowledge.

Las I ate a Lucky Corner was before they opened up the place on 85. I ate at the original place at 7th and Market.

I won't drive up to Chubby's on a whim, but If I'm in the area, I'll hit Ott House for a burger and then bring back dinner from Chubby's.

Chubby s has great BBQ. Love their burnt tips. Prefer the ribs from Carter Que in MT airy though.

Acacia's closed and now is Reinas. Good menu - good staff. Took my stepdad there for Father's Day.

Family favorite in downtown fdrk though is Magoos. Good Irish pub, good beer and whiskey selection and very comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom